Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

There’s always that night where plans fall through and that trip to the bar just turned into that last minute house party. But wait, it’s a costume party and you have no backup costume ideas. No one wants to be that person who shows up costume-less. Here are your quick-fix costume ideas.

Miley Cyrus – Miley has been the talk of everything lately, and a quick Miley getup would be sure to have all party goers buzzing too. All you have to do is pull your hair up into two little pony curls, slap on bright red lipstick. The outfit allows more creativity, just pair some short-shorts or leggings, with a crop top.

source: Kevin Mazur, Larry Busacca/Getty Images for MTV

Anything with a tutu- Dig into the back of your closet to that tutu you made way back in high school. Let whatever color you have decide the costume. Think the animal angle. If it’s black, be a cute black bear. Orange? Be a lion. Blue? Be a shark. Purple? Throw it back and be Barney. You get the idea. Just wear a matching color shirt and add whatever the character needs. It’s both cute, and easy.

Audrey Hepburn – Normally, I would avoid this at all costs. This costume has been done time after time, and isn’t exactly the most original. But desperate times mean desperate measures! And let’s be honest, it’s better than nothing and you know it’s a costume that will still make you look good. Pair your favorite LBD with a pearl necklace. Pull your hair into a bun, add a tiara, and put on some black sunglasses.

The Fresh Prince(ss) – If you have time to make a quick Goodwill run. Search for the most 80’s inspired clothing you can (sweatpants and a sweatshirt). Pair it with a snapback, or tiara!

Olympic Gymnast – Every four years a set of girls steal America’s hearts with their flawless gymnast routines. Now, it’s your turn to do the same. Get a velvet leotard in either red, white (or silver), or blue and add your own gold medal. This would also be a good group costume!

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.