A Definitive Ranking of Michael Buble Christmas Songs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Michael Buble’s album Christmas is iconic.

As soon as it’s appropriate to listen to Christmas music, it’s constantly playing on my Spotify. Ever since the album came out in 2011, I can remember listening to it while my family and I decorated Christmas cookies and wrapped presents. After all, who doesn’t love listening to the beautiful sound of Michael Buble’s voice during one of the best times of the year?

Here’s my ranking of the songs on this album, from my least favorite to my favorite (although, to be honest, it was hard to rank because he’s brilliant and every song is great!).

15. “Ave Maria”

“Ave Maria” is a beautiful song no matter who sings it, but I’ve ranked it last because there are so many other great songs on this list that fit more into my music taste.

14. “Silent Night”

This is a classic Christmas song, so it’s no shock that it’s on Michael Buble’s Christmas album. I really like the children’s choir in the song, but it doesn’t get me too excited for the holiday season.

13. “Cold December Night”

“Cold December Night” is a cute love song for the Christmas season, and, as I mentioned above, it’s not lower on my list because it’s not good. It’s number 13 because I prefer other songs, and it’s not as upbeat as I usually like my Christmas music to be.

12. “I’ll Be Home For Christmas”

The original “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” isn’t one of my favorite songs, but at least we have Michael Buble to make it better on this album.

11. “Holly Jolly Christmas”

“Holly Jolly Christmas” is, of course, great, but I’ve placed it on the lower end of this list because, compared to other songs I have put higher up on this list, this song is a pretty basic Christmas song and there isn’t much changed from the typical version of it.

10. “Mis Deseos/Feliz Navidad”

“Mis Deseos/Feliz Navidad” is one of many covers on this album, and I really enjoy Michael Buble’s acoustic version of the “Feliz Navidad” part of the song, as well as the “Mis Deseos” part, too.

9. “Santa Baby”

I like how Michael Buble changed up “Santa Baby” to fit his style and what he would want for Christmas. This is another great cover by him on this album, and, I do have to admit, this song is lower down on this list because I’m not the biggest fan of the original song.

8. “Jingle Bells”

“Jingle Bells” is another duet, this time with the Puppini Sisters. This song is adorable with the sisters acting as his backup singers and harmonizing with each other. I really like this song because of its upbeat tone and cute sound.

7. “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”

I’m clearly a fan of Michael Buble’s ballads, and this song is a combination of his ballads and a Christmas song.

6. “It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas”

“It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas” is one of my favorite classic Christmas songs, and Michael Buble’s version is great.

5. “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)”

I’m typically a fan of more upbeat songs, and the tempo of this one is hopeful, despite the narrator wishing his love was home for the holidays. Even though Michael Buble sounds great on this album as a whole, this is another song where he sings even better than usual.

4. “Blue Christmas”

“Blue Christmas” is another amazing jazzy, big band song. Michael Buble sounds great in it, and who doesn’t love a cover of an Elvis Presley song? I honestly can’t get over how awesome he sounds in this song.

3. “All I Want For Christmas Is You”

A combination of Mariah Carey’s iconic Christmas song with a Michael Buble ballad? Sign me up!

2. “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town”

Michael Buble’s rendition of “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” is fantastic–I’m a sucker for big band music, especially when there’s a musical interlude involving it.

1. “White Christmas”

My opinion of this song might be a little biased, since it’s one of my favorite Christmas songs, but, come on, it’s a duet with Shania Twain! “White Christmas” is great because it’s jazzy in the typical Michael Buble style, and both he and Shania have powerful voices that blend well together.

Photo: cover, 1, 2, 3, 4,

Rachel Green is a senior Journalism and Mass Communication Major at the University of Iowa. She is also earning two minors in Sport and Recreation Management and Spanish and a certificate in Creative Writing. She serves at Her Campus Iowa's Senior Editor, and is a member of Iowa's editorial team. When she's not working on something for Her Campus, she can be found studying in the library, doodling in her sketchbooks or curling up with a cup of tea and a book.  
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.