Dance Marathon – Chicago Marathon FTK

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Iowa Dance Marathon runners who ran in the Chicago Marathon on October 10, 2010.

Deanna is a junior journalism and studio arts major at the University of Iowa. Born in Spring Grove, IL, Deanna has been involved in journalism ever since her high school yearbook editing days. Since coming to Iowa in 2008, Deanna has joined Dance Marathon and Ed on Campus. In 2010, Deanna joined the Her Campus team as a writer and in October became a Branch Manager. When Deanna is not writing you can find her hanging out with her friends, taking pictures, reading novels, playing intramural sports and cheering on the Hawkeyes. Deanna hopes to become a magazine reporter or editor in Chicago or New York City in the future.
Nicole Lumbreras is a junior at University of Iowa, class of 2012, studying Journalism and Sociology. Born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago, Nicole loves to explore new restaurants, see live music and attend sporting events. Nicole loves to travel, dance, write in her blog and takes pleasure in the art of photography. Nicole loves to spend time with her friends and family, and when time allows she will get her fill of Bad Girls Club, Glee, So You Think You Can Dance, and Grey's Anatomy. Nicole recently got foot surgery and rediscovered running; her goal is to run a half marathon before she is 25. After college she plans to move into the city (Chicago) with a American bulldog, attend graduate school at night and hopefully write for Chicago Magazine or another fun and upcoming project.