This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Grab your cup, or the whole pot, of coffee and get ready to cozy up with your favorite mother-daughter duo. From Rory’s first day at Chilton to her graduation day at Yale and the countless people they meet in between, there was never a dull moment. For those of you that haven’t watched “Gilmore Girls,” stop what you are doing to go watch it now. You can thank me later.

With all of the hype about the “Gilmore Girls” Netflix revival, let’s take a step back to look at our favorite “Gilmore Girls” moments and characters. Some of which have no explanation. “Gilmore Girls” is know for the fast paced dialogue that keeps us watching. Whether it is a pop culture reference (339 books, countless movies, TV shows and actors are referenced throughout the seven seasons) or just a fun phrase to say, we love whatever crazy thing comes out of Lorelai’s mouth.

Of course many of our favorite moments are closely linked to Luke, he grumpy diner owner that almost didn’t even exist. The diner owner was originally a very small part written for a woman. When the show seemed to be in need of more testosterone Scott Patterson was hired. Until the chemistry between Scott and Lauren became overly apparent, Luke was only supposed to play a small role in the show.

With Luke playing a larger role in the show, his family was bound to pop up sometime. Luke’s nephew Jess plays a large role in the early seasons as Rory’s ‘bad boy’ boyfriend even though he is only in the show for a short amount of time and seen periodically throughout the series. The actor who plays Jess, Milo Ventimiglia, was originally cast because Amy Sherman-Palladino thought he was cute and didn’t want him to be cast anywhere else. Palladino created the role just for him. There was almost a spin off series entirely dedicated to this accidental character.

Another one of our favorite characters almost didn’t exist, according to the original cast. Liza Weil auditioned for the role of Rory Gilmore and was turned down. Since everyone loved her so much Sherman-Palladino once again made an entirely new role just for Liza. Try to imagine “Gilmore Girls” without Paris, Jess and Luke. You can’t. Sherman-Palladino’s brilliant writing and creative mind are wonderfully displayed in every episode of “Gilmore Girls.” This makes you wonder why her contract was not renewed for the final season. Sherman-Palladino has been talking for years about how she envisioned the ending of “Gilmore Girls,” and we will finally get to see it play out. Netflix will be launching a four-part, 90-minute revival series with each part being a different season, and that means we will be seeing all of our favorite festivals one last time.

Sherman-Palladino finally has the ability to end Gilmore Girls the way it should have been in 2007. With so many loose ends to tie up, how will Sherman-Palladino answer all of our questions? Where is Rory now? Who does she end up with? Is Lorelai with Luke? What happened to Lane’s twins? How will the show address Richard after Edward Herrmann’s death? Did Kirk finally get a stable job? What are the final four words? We can predict all we want, but until the Netflix revival comes out, we won’t know. One thing is for sure, though: “Gilmore Girls” is coming back strong, and with Amy Sherman-Palladino running the show, you won’t want to miss it.

My name is Sarah Pippin, and I am from Marshalltown Iowa. I am studying Communications with a Writing Certificate in Writing for Media, and a minor in Cinematic Arts at the University of Iowa. I am involved in service projects around campus and Iowa City as a member of Alpha Phi Omega Omicron. I also host Pippin Talk a talk show on Saturday's from 11am-12 on KRUI Iowa City 89.7 FM. I LOVE all things makeup and fashion. You can check out my blog at http://sispip85.wix.com/allmadeup I am an avid Grey's Anatomy, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Gossip Girl, and Gilmore Girls fan.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.