sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

COSTUME SERIES: Keeping it Classy This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Tis the season of pumpkin carving, comfy sweaters, and scary movies! Halloween is quickly approaching, and that means spending weeks figuring out the perfect costume that lasts you one night. While some girls are comfortable with their boobs and bums hanging out, others aren’t so into that. So let’s stay classy this Halloween (and hopefully stay warm while we’re at it!).

Your Halloween costume can be completely adorable without lacking clothing. You can even use pieces from your closet that you already have! Here are five costumes to make your next Halloween a classy one!

Audrey Hepburn

This one is simply a given.

Mary Poppins

Lauren Conrad did it best. How cute is this Mary Poppins Halloween costume? And you get to take a trip down memory lane!

Flapper

Take it back to the 1920’s and find your best flapper dress! Yes, this means Great Gatsby. Who wouldn’t want to find their very own Jay Gatsby on Halloween night?

Bad Blood

This next group has got to be one of the most bada** girl groups around. Grab your best friends and remake Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” music video!

Serena van der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf

Have you seen every episode of Gossip Girl and wish you could have Blair and Serena’s closets? Here’s your chance! You know you love me, xoxo Gossip Girl.

Natalie Lawyer is a sophomore at the University of Iowa studying Journalism. She is also a member of the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. Her dreams are to eventually leap into the fashion world and write for a fashion magazine. In her free time she loves to make YouTube videos about fashion and lifestyle. You can check her out on YouTube at youtube.com/natalielawyer. Stay in the know and catch me on Twitter and Instagram (@natalielawyer)!
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.