Celebrity Update: Pregnant in Hollywood – Kristin Cavallari vs. Jessica Simpson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

We’ve all heard about Kristin Cavallari getting pregnant and it seems like Jessica Simpson has been pregnant for two years already. But, the two women both pregnant with their first child seem to be handling their pregnancy and the weight gain very differently.

Cavallari, on the one side, was spotted walking her dog around Chicago, and although her belly seems to be growing pretty fast, the rest of her body is staying trimmed and slim.

The reality star, who is expecting her first child with fiancé Jay Cutler, told Gossip Center, “it’s easy to sort of let yourself go and just really enjoy it, but I’m also being healthy about it, I’m not just eating crap. You have to be careful what you’re putting in your mouth, because that’s the nutrients you’re giving your baby, adding, “I mean, I’m definitely enjoying it, but I’m not going overboard.”

Sounds like Cavallari could give some advice to Jessica Simpson, who on the other hand is eight months pregnant with her first child and has gained approximately 50 pounds from the pregnancy!

Simpson has been ridiculed relentlessly in the media being called “huge”, “a house,” and “an absolute porker.” Jezebel has also called it “The Hunger Shames.”

Even Dr. Tara Solomon, a OB/GYN in Fort Lauderdale, FL., told ABC News, “No one should ever look like Jessica Simpson. She’s an absolute porker…I cannot believe how heavy she is.”

Doctors say putting on 25 to 35 pounds during pregnancy is healthiest. Although it’s unclear how much weight Simpson has gained, it’s most likely more than the average amount.

However, Simpson reportedly already has a plan to lose the weight after her daughter is born this month. She reportedly signed a multi-million dollar deal with Weight Watchers to shed her baby weight.

For now though, the star is reveling in her larger shape. “I’m like 170 pounds and wanted to pose nude,” said Simpson shortly after her nude ELLE cover was revealed. “I try to be like 110 pounds. It’s funny to be at your heaviest and feel the most confident. I just take such pride in being a mom! I just love my body more than ever now,” She told US Magazine.

Good for you Jessica, fight the critics! However I would keep that contract with Weight Watchers, sounds like you’re going to need it.

Sources: 

Gossip Center

ABC News

US Magazine

FOX News

Hollywood Life

People

The Lampon Journal

Emily is a junior at the University of Iowa and is studying Journalism and Pre-Law with a minor in Health Communication. She has been a part of the Her Campus University of Iowa team since it was founded in 2010 and is a member of Ed on Campus. She has grown to love magazine writing and editing and if she somehow can't land her dream job (to be Carrie Bradshaw), she wouldn't mind settling for a job in the magazine industry. If nothing else, she hopes to attend law school somewhere in the Bay Area out West, her favorite place to be. Since the age of 15, Emily spent her summers in California, doing internships and falling in love with San Francisco. Some of her other interests include her 4-month-old longhaired wiener dog Henry, blogging, celebrity gossip, sushi, Private Practice, fro-yo, being a journalism nerd, and anything involving good conversation with good people. Although she's not exactly sure of her plans for the future, she knows journalism will somehow be the driving force in her career.