Celebrity Update: Celeb Weddings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

It has been a sad month for some of us, because unfortunately quite a few celeb hotties have officially been taken(sorry ladies!). In the past weeks many A-listers have tied the knot! Stars like Ryan Reynolds and Anne Hathaway are officially off the market.

On September 9th, one of the hottest couples on the planet, surprised us all by saying ‘I Do’. Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds blindsided the public with a super secret wedding! With only 60 guests in attendance,
the wedding was kept under wraps.

The couple wanted to keep the ceremony small. The wedding took place at Boone Hall in Mount Pleasant, S.C. Which is where the most romantic movie ever, The Notebook, was filmed.
There were a few notable guests in attendance. Florence Welch (from Florence and The Machine) and Christian Louboutin were both present for the ceremony. Florence, a good friend of Blake, also sang at the reception. 

As for the Blake’s wedding gown, it was said that the bride kept it simple with a beautiful Marchesa ball gown. The starlet wore small diamond earrings and had on very natural make-up.

Another couple that has been making headlines, Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman, also said ‘I do’ this September. This Hollywood couple also decided to keep the event more intimate by only inviting friends and family. No stars were in attendance! It was even speculated that guests were forced to take a shuttle to keep the location more discreet.

Everybody’s favorite Catwoman looked like she belonged in a fairy-tale. Anne’s dress has been making headlines the past few weeks. She wore a Valentino gown and a 1920’s esque headpiece attached to her veil. She also kept it simpler by wearing no jewelry. Anne worked closely with the designer to complete this fairy-tale look.

Who could possibly be next? Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus?

Alexandra is a junior at the University of Iowa. She is majoring in Journalism and is an aspiring entertainment journalist. She is originally from the Chicago suburbs, but hopes to one day live in L.A to fulfill her dreams of becoming an entertainment journalist.
Full time English/Studio Arts major, Full-time visionary. Native Chicagoan and a true city girl. In love with love and a frequent contributing writer for the HC-UIowa Modern Love column(however not frequent enough). Current endeavor?  Proud Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UIowa, I am progressively expanding the chapter's reach through creative, fun, and informative content with a unique publication voice. I also have published content for diffrent on-line and print media. I love everything HC, but when I am not writing, editing, or publishing I am trying out the latest health trends in fitness and food, hanging out with friends, or fueling a bad habit of on-line shopping. Future endeavor? Editor-in Chief of a magazine something like Glamour, Cosmo, or Self. Want to keep up with me? Follow me on Twitter @EllandreaM