Campus Cutie: Taylor Eilers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Meet Taylor Eilers, a fun-loving, bubbly Iowa girl with a heart for helping others. During her time at Iowa, she’s become involved in different leadership positions that allow her to touch others’ lives. Her passion for health and happiness is contagious and will leave you smiling for the rest of the day.

Major and year?

I’m a junior, and I’m an Exercise Science major. I’ll be going to grad school for occupational therapy, too.

Hometown?

Anamosa, Iowa

Why did you choose Iowa?

Oh my gosh, there’s a lot of reasons. My mom graduated from here, so I always felt like that was something cool for me. The medical programs are really good, too, and I’m going into the health field, so that’s really important.

What are you involved in on campus?

I’m in Dance Marathon on the sponsorship committee. One of my roles is to go around to different restaurants and get gift cards donated to the families, so they don’t always have to eat hospital food. I’m an RA, too.

What made you want to be an RA?

I think just having the opportunity to interact with a lot of new and incoming students, as well as having the chance to make their experience here better, was something really rewarding.

How did you get involved in Dance Marathon?

My freshmen RA was actually my morale caption, and she was so passionate about it. Getting involved with her and seeing the kiddos at the event made it really special for me. My first year dancing was amazing, and that’s why I wanted to get more involved with it.

What’s your favorite part of being in leadership roles?

Getting to interact with all different kinds of people is a huge reward. There’s always a lot of things to do, too, which helps me stay busy, even though I’m already super busy with classes sometimes.

Favorite place in Iowa City?

Probably little coffee shops because that’s where I like to study. I’m always in High Ground or places like that.

Coffee or tea?

It depends on the day. If it’s in the afternoon, I’ll have tea, but if I get up early enough, I’ll drink coffee. I really like both.

Favorite memory at Iowa?

My biggest accomplishment and favorite memory would be running the Chicago marathon on October 11. It was really exciting. I ran the entire thing without stopping. That was amazing, especially because the most I ran during training without stopping was only seven miles. It was the best experience of my life.

What’s some good advice you’ve heard recently?

Take time for yourself. Make sure you have everything you need, and you’re giving yourself time to relax and sleep and exercise and feel good about yourself.

Rachel Green is a senior Journalism and Mass Communication Major at the University of Iowa. She is also earning two minors in Sport and Recreation Management and Spanish and a certificate in Creative Writing. She serves at Her Campus Iowa's Senior Editor, and is a member of Iowa's editorial team. When she's not working on something for Her Campus, she can be found studying in the library, doodling in her sketchbooks or curling up with a cup of tea and a book.  
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.