Campus Cutie: Gina Lagattuta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is quirky and full of smiles. Meet Gina, a senior Communications major, from Chicago, Illinois (yes, she’s really from the city!). This true Chicagoan loves hockey and attending music festivals. Gina’s not only a cutie; her personality is fun and vivacious.

What are you binge watching right now?

I’m currently watching Portlandia. Although, my favorite show is 30 Rock because it’s hilarious… and Grey’s Anatomy, of course!

Favorite Hobbies?

When I’m not waitressing, I love hanging with my friends and getting food/drinks or seeing a movie. I also love finding fun, new things to do around Iowa City.

Vanilla or Chocolate?

Vanilla

Favorite study spot at the U of Iowa?

Any coffee place; probably Java House.

What is your ultimate fall outfit?

SCARVES! Really anything that can be paired with a cute scarf and cute boots. I’m also a big fan of leather jackets, which are just the best for fall weather.

What’s your favorite thing about fall IC?

My favorite thing about fall in IC is the weather because it is perfect, and it’s not snowing yet. Everything looks pretty. And I can wear scarves again.

What’s your favorite magazine or book?

My favorite magazine is People because I love knowing all the pop culture news. I just read The Glass Castle, and it was great. But, my favorite book of all time I’d say is A Wrinkle in Time…also love Harry Potter (duh!).

What’s your favorite IC local restaurant?

Basta

If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?

California…. Or just somewhere warm and sunny.

What’s your dream job?

My dream job is to work in PR/marketing with a major league sports team, either with the Blackhawks or somewhere in California.

If you could give freshman any advice, what would it be?

Get involved in things! Join clubs and make connections with people; it’ll help you when you’re old like me and need to get a job.

Keep being cute and awesome, Gina! Your smile is contagious :)

Hannah is a junior at The University of Iowa. She is a student in The UI School of Journalism and Mass Communication, as well as the Communications Undergrad Program. She is actively involved on campus, and enjoys cooking & working out. She's obsessed with her dog, Toby and hopes to one day work in fashion public relations.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.