This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Check out Daniele Ogren, a junior from Des Moines, who has a friendly smile and great personality to fit her boho chic lifestyle. You can always bump into her on campus or see her friendly face at the Currier front desk (send her flowers). She’s been in love with Iowa City all her life and was reunited with her love after transferring from Iowa State. Here’s how Daniele’s making her impact on the University of Iowa’s campus with her not only her beautiful soul, but also with her brains and ambition. 

Te Llamo: Daniele Ogren

Year and Age: Junior, 20

Hometown: Des Moines, IA

Major: Sport and Recreation Management with a Business Administration minor

Campus Activities: Delta Gamma Sorority, Dance Marathon, PAWS (Promoting Animal Welfare in Society), Hawkeyes Fighting Alzheimer’s, Fashion Management Club, and Women in Business.

Why did you choose Iowa?

I transferred from Iowa State second semester my freshman year because I wasn’t happy, and I wanted to meet new people that didn’t go to my high school. I transfered to Iowa because it felt like home, and I’m a huge Hawkeye fan so it made perfect sense and a place I could meet new people. It was the best option because of all the scholarhip opportunities, and that made my parents happy too. 

What’s the best thing about Iowa City?

The best thing about Iowa City is the atmosphere. I love how it’s a small town with a big city feel.

What’s your favorite IC place

My favorite spot to go in Iowa City is either Art Building West or Terry Trueblood Recreation Area. They are so calm and peaceful, so it makes a great study spot or a fun paddle boarding session. 

What’s your favorite class at Iowa and why?

My favorite class at Iowa would have to be Communication and Public Relation in Sports. It was a new course last spring, and it made me fall in love with PR. The professors within the Sport and Recreation Program are so personable and really know how to make a class enjoyable and really help you with networking.

Priceless Times at the University of Iowa

My favorite memories will always be waking up at five in the morning for tailgates. Football season is simply the best time of the year. (Go Hawks!)

What’s your dream job after you graduate?

My dream job would to be to work for a PR/brand marketing firm the represents professional sport teams and fashion companies. Because what’s better than sports and fashion?

Do you have any exciting plans for the school year?

I am going to Bilbao, Spain during the Spring 2016 semester! I get to take an awesome surfing class, learn spanish, and teach English in a local school.

That Celebrity Crush on your mind

Chase Crawford, all the way.

Ideal Date

You could take me to a St. Louis Cardinals’ game or any sporting event and my life will be complete.

Living Boho Chic

I would describe my style as “comfy” or “Boho Chic.” I love Free People and Urban Outfitters, especially during Fall. I live in T-shirts dresses and knee high boots. I love floppy hats, oversized v-necks, kimonos and anything leather.

Surprise Fact 

I was offered to play a Division I sport but turned it down because I wanted a normal college experience. I spent my entire childhood and high school years playing softball, and I wanted to do something more than that and help my community, so I kept myself busy with my clubs, and I went Greek, and it paid off. 

Wise Words From DO

My advice is to be adventurous, try new things, and enjoy life. Your fears should never stop you from achieving your goals because we only get one life to live.

You can see all of Daniele’s hilarious and relatable tweets on her Twitter and check out her amazing photos on her Instagram

Amy is currently a senior at the University of Iowa majoring in Journalism and Mass Communication, minor in political science with certificates in Event Planning and Entrepreneurial Management and HC UIowa's Trouble Maker. Her dream job is to work in Public Relations or Event Planning and plans to also become a lawyer, like the 9 years old Amy planned. Whenever she's not writing articles, she's usually online shopping, binging on Netflix, or laughing at her own jokes. Midwestern Prep with the worst luck in the world, you can keep track of her worst case scenarios on Twitter.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.