This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Name: Alyx Martin
Year: Freshman
Status: Single
Hometown: Glenview IL
Major: Business Marketing
Motto: “Live and learn”
Campus Activities: Career Leadership Academy, FAC
Fun Fact About You: Can quote most of Dane Cook’s comedies, and took singing lessons for 4 years.
I’m very outgoing and go after the things I want.
Favorite music: Basically anything, but mostly acoustic songs. My favorite artists would have to be the Script, the Fray, Goo Goo Dolls, and John Mayer.
Favorite movie: I have two- Step Brothers and The Proposal
Favorite Hawkeye sports to watch: FOOTBALL!!!!!
Favorite thing about Iowa: Everything is great about Iowa especially getting to meet new people every weekend, tailgating, and the fun atmosphere.
Favorite hangout spot: The Rec Center, usually on the track.
My idea of a perfect first date: Dinner out and a concert, or a nice relaxing night in :)

Nicole Lumbreras is a junior at University of Iowa, class of 2012, studying Journalism and Sociology. Born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago, Nicole loves to explore new restaurants, see live music and attend sporting events. Nicole loves to travel, dance, write in her blog and takes pleasure in the art of photography. Nicole loves to spend time with her friends and family, and when time allows she will get her fill of Bad Girls Club, Glee, So You Think You Can Dance, and Grey's Anatomy. Nicole recently got foot surgery and rediscovered running; her goal is to run a half marathon before she is 25. After college she plans to move into the city (Chicago) with a American bulldog, attend graduate school at night and hopefully write for Chicago Magazine or another fun and upcoming project.