This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Spring finally arriving is celebrated like a holiday in the Midwest. As soon as the temperature hits anything above 45 degrees, everything changes. There are certain tell-tale signs that spring is in bloom in the Midwest, and we all religiously go through the motions each year.

1. Once you pull out your shorts and tank tops, there’s no going back.

2. You deny that the weather is cold because you don’t want to go back to winter again.

3. When warm weather finally arrives, you spend as much time as possible outside enjoying it.

4. Even though 45 degrees was cold in October, it’s now as if you haven’t felt the warmth of the sun in years.

5. Speaking of the sun, you’re probably seeing it for the first time since December.

6. The grass finally turns green, and everything is beautiful again.

Photo 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, cover

Rachel Green is a senior Journalism and Mass Communication Major at the University of Iowa. She is also earning two minors in Sport and Recreation Management and Spanish and a certificate in Creative Writing. She serves at Her Campus Iowa's Senior Editor, and is a member of Iowa's editorial team. When she's not working on something for Her Campus, she can be found studying in the library, doodling in her sketchbooks or curling up with a cup of tea and a book.  
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.