6 Reasons You Should Join Her Campus Iowa

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Are you interested in writing, marketing, social media, graphic design, photography, or event planning? Have you ever dreamed of working for a magazine or PR firm? Are you looking for a way to develop your professional writing or marketing skills? Do you want to meet other amazing college women and make build amazing friendships? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then look no further! Her Campus at Iowa wants YOU to join our online magazine! If you’re not convinced yet, take a look at what some of our members had to say about their Her Campus Iowa experience…

1. Be more involved.

“I joined to not only get more involved, but to also expand my marketing skills, and my creative independence!” -Brie Lemon, Contributor

2. Develop your skills.

“Her Campus not only helped me develop my professional and creative skills, but it also gave me a wonderful group of women who inspire me to push myself to be the best I can be!” -Kylie Kreischer, Campus Correspondent & Director of Marketing

3. Make new friends.

“Her Campus brought me to New York City with three other crazy, creative girls on a trip I’ll never forget.” -Shannon Nolan, Events Director

4. Write about whatever your heart desires.

“I love being able to write about issues that matter to me and women around the country one week and silly articles about Hawkeye April Fools Day pranks the next.” -Marin McCall, Contributor

5. Join an organization you’re passionate about.

“As a member of Her Campus’s social media team, I am able to gain the experience I need for my future career with an organization that I truly am interested in! I also get to share that experience with other talented women from my campus <3" -Katherine Vega, Contributor

6. Just be you.

“It taught me to be my inner weird and that other people share that inner weird.” -Amy Luong, Outreach Coordinator

No matter who you are or what you’re passionate about, we want you to join us! If you’re interested in learning more about Her Campus or what to join, attend our informational meeting on Wednesday, September 7, at 6:30 p.m. in Meeting Room A at the Iowa City Public Library in the Ped Mall. We can’t wait to meet you! HCXO! 

Sarah Nelson is senior at the University of Iowa pursuing a Journalism major, English minor, and Fundraising and Philanthropy Communication Certificate. When she's not binge-watching One Tree Hill or Jane the Virgin on Netflix (again), she's is probably rereading the Harry Potter series or writing for her blog, SarahNdipity. With an addiction to books and coffee, Sarah hopes to take the world by storm as a book editor. Or social media marketer. Or blogger. (She hasn't quite made up her mind yet, but that's okay because who says you have to be just one thing?)