This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

One of the most exciting things for me when spring and summer come around is being able to get more creative with my makeup looks. However, it can be hard to find products that hold up throughout beach days, boat days or just days spent outside. While being glamourous in the summer can be a challenge, I’ve found some things that will make you look flawless no matter what you are doing in the summer months. 

1. Foundation

Esteé Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup

This foundation makes you look flawless in even the worst humidity, and it lasts all day whether you are swimming, working out or even fall asleep with it on after a long night out. It is full coverage but doesn’t look cakey if applied in thin layers, and it is the perfect foundation for summer. 

2. Concealer

Tarte Shape Tape 

This concealer is amazing because it it super full coverage and lasts throughout the day. You can even wear it alone without foundation, and it looks beautiful. You can even put it on top of any foundtion to add extra coverage. You can only get it from Ulta, and it is always out of stock, but it is worth it if you are able to get your hands on it. Plus, it lasts forever. I have been using the same bottle every day since winter break. 

3. Powder

PUR Cosmetics 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Powder

This powder looks amazing over any foundation or even alone to give a little bit of coverage. It is perfect for summer because it has SPF 15 in it to protect your face from the sun. Also, since it is a mineral powder, it won’t clog pores and cause irritation or acne. 

4. Bronzer

Too Faced Sweethearts Baked Bronzer in Sweet Tea

This bronzer has two different shades that you can either swirl together or wear seperately. It gives the perfect summer bronze without being orange on light skintones. The baked formula looks flawless and blends on the skin perfectly. I may have originally bought it for the beautiful packaging, but now it is my holy grail bronzer that I wear everyday. 

5. Blush

Benefit Cosmetics GALifornia blush

From the packaging to the actual product this blush is beautiful. It is a pinky peach blush with hints of gold. It looks beautiful on the cheeks with bronzer, and it is the perfect shade for summer.

6. Eyeshadow

Tarte Make Believe In Yourself Eyeshadow Palette 

This palette truly speaks for itself with the beautiful collection of bright and colorful shadows that are perfect for the spring and summer. This product will brighten up any look, and the shadows themselves are very pigmented and blendable. 

Out of all the products out there, it can be hard to find what you need. It can be frustrating, but I hope this post helped give some great suggestions that can simplify the process so you can feel confident and beautiful all summer long. 

First year Psychology student at The University of Iowa. Made of big dreams and a lot of coffee.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.