This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

I don’t know about you guys, but Kylie Jenner’s lip kits are one my favorite beauty products to buy. Every time she releases a new color, birthday set or holiday colors, I HAVE to have them! I’ve tried the velvets, but the mattes are the best! If you aren’t big on dry lip sticks, you probably won’t like Kylie’s Lip Kits, however, if you love high pigmentation and long lasting coverage, her lipsticks are the ones for you. At only $17 dollars a lipstick, it’s not too bad of a deal. These lipsticks will last you for well over three years! Here’s some of my top favorite colors and suggestions if you are looking to purchase a Kylie Lip Kit.

1. Kristen – soft red

On the site, Kristen is listed as Kylie’s favorite and it’s easy to see why. This color is the perfect balance between an everyday statement color and a soft going out look. This is my all-time favorite color because the red color isn’t too bright.

2. Posie K – a true pink

Posie K was voted as Allure’s top pink! This is the highest selling color on Kylie’s site. She recently made it a velvet and a gloss on top of the matte lipstick. If you love that “Barbie Pink” lipstick look, this is the color for you!

3. KoKo K – light pink

Koko K, named after Khloe Kardashian, is a very light pink. This color is a great everyday look. If you are going for a natural light makeup type of look, this is the perfect color. Tip: unfortunately, it can be a little too bright when you apply, so do a very light coat.

4. Candy K – pink nude

Candy K is the perfect balance between pink and nude. Unlike her shade Maliboo, it has a little more color to it to bring out your natural lip color. Candy K applies very soft and balanced, so it never looks too dry on the lips.

5. Autumn – light red

Similar to Kristen, this is a very soft red that is a great look if you want to make a statement. This color is from Kylie’s Fall collection, so it is limited time only. It gives you just enough pop to your lips without drawing too much attention!

6. Ginger – deep orange

The description of the lip color “burnt orange” doesn’t sound like a very pretty color, but I promise it is! This color is my go-to for any going out look. The lip color looks great with a smokey eye to give it that true edgy appearance. 

If you are interested in any of these lip kits, just click on the Kylie Cosmetics link at the bottom. HCXO!

Photos: Cover, KylieCosmetics.com

My name is Claudia Jannes, and I am a junior at the University of Iowa! I am a English and creative writing major in hopes to become a high school English teacher. I am thankful for her campus for giving me a voice on campus and on the internet!
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.