alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Thoughts You Have While You’re Stuck at Home During Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Spring break can either be the time of your life or the week you check Instagram as much as possible to live through all your friends. Every year we hope to go on an amazing vacation where the sun never stops shining, and the drinks never stop flowing. But in reality, sometimes you just have to spend spring break at home in the glorious state of Iowa. And we all know how jealous we get of those that do end up somewhere sunny and 75, so let’s take a look at some thoughts we have while we’re stuck at home during spring break 2016.

1. *checks instagram* 

“Wow, has she always had that good of a body, or did she just get in shape for Spring Break?” 

“Hmm.. maybe I should go to the gym right now… Eh I’ll start tomorrow.”

2. “Next year will definitely be the craziest spring break ever… I’m going to start saving now, so I can make it to Mexico and have all the pina coladas I’ve ever wanted!”

3. “I wish that cold beer was in my hand, and my toes were in the sand…”

4. “Maybe I should use this week to be super productive and get ahead on homework…”

“Or I could sit here and binge watch the rest of ‘Gossip Girl’…” 

“Yeah the second one, definitely the second one!”

5. “I wonder if people would notice I’m still home if I post this Instagram in my bikini from my backyard?” #SpringBreak2k16

Whether you’re stuck at home for spring break or going on the craziest vacay of your life, remember to stay safe and have a blast because you have one week to live it up before reality hits you in the face again! 

Natalie Lawyer is a sophomore at the University of Iowa studying Journalism. She is also a member of the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. Her dreams are to eventually leap into the fashion world and write for a fashion magazine. In her free time she loves to make YouTube videos about fashion and lifestyle. You can check her out on YouTube at youtube.com/natalielawyer. Stay in the know and catch me on Twitter and Instagram (@natalielawyer)!
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.