5 Superhero Movies Coming Your Way In 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Let me just say that 2017 has a crazy line up for superhero movies. It’s going to be an action-packed year for the superhero world, and it’s going to be awesome. Keep reading to see which movies you should be looking out for!

1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 – May 5, 2017

May isn’t too far away, so you might want to watch the first movie to refresh your memory. If you’re anything like me, you have the memory of a goldfish and don’t quite remember the tiny details, but you can sure remember Chris Pratt *wink, wink*. The team assembles once again to guide you through their world (or should I say galaxy) of adventures. This time, the movie promises that we get to find more about Chris Pratt’s character, Peter Quill, as this movie unravels his past. 

2. Wonder Woman – June 2, 2017

I’m so ready for this one! Have you guys seen Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice? No? I suggest you watch that one because even though Gal Gadot, aka Wonder Woman/Diana Prince, makes only a brief appearance, we sure didn’t have enough of her awesome girl power. She’s feisty, cunning and badass, so I was pretty pumped when I heard that she was getting her own movie. Wonder Woman wasn’t always a superhero though. Her movie’s all about an Amazonian princess, who leaves home for war and along the way discovers her true identity and explores her newfound powers. Yep, Wonder Woman’s movie will be out in less than two months, so buckle up because it’s going to be a crazy ride.

3. Spider-man: Homecoming – July 7, 2017

Yeah, I know what you’re thinking. How many Spidey movies are there going to be? Plenty! Our new Spider-Man is Tom Holland, and while I do miss Andrew Garfield as our old Peter Parker, this might be a good change. From his appearance in Captain’s America’s previous movie, he seems like a funny guy, so this movie’s probably going to be hilarious. Spider-Man: Homecoming is about Peter trying to balance his high school life alongside his web of secrets. (See what I did there?) 

4. Thor: Ragnarok – November 3, 2017

You can’t go wrong with Chris Hemsworth. He’s an awesome actor, he’s dreamy, and he also makes a great Thor. Not only that but Benedict Cumberbatch is in this movie as Dr. Strange, as well as a bunch of other talented actors to look out for. For now, there’s not much on this movie, but we know an epic showdown is going to come our way in November.

5. Justice League – November 17, 2017

Dun dun dun. The big one’s coming soon! Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg in one movie! A superhero dream team. If you watched the first movie, Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, you’ll know that the movie ended on a cliff-hanger. There’s an even crazier villain the dream team’s going to have to stand up to, so if you want to watch the battle, November is the month to look forward to. There’s still time though, so for those who haven’t watched the first one, you have time to catch up. 

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m going to be heading to the cinema a lot this year. 

Ridhima Jagtap is a college newbie, a.k.a a freshman, working towards a degree in the field of journalism. You'll often find her chasing after cats and watching adorable cat videos on YouTube. If she's not doing this then she'll be singing her lungs out so that her whole floor can hear her. She hopes to blow people away with writing what she's passionate about. Books, music and a lot of animals!
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.