This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

The movies that have come out so far this year have been amazing like The Incredibles 2, Black Panther and Eighth Grade. Luckily, even more amazing movies are coming out and here are 5 you should know about and go see:

1. A Star is Born (October 5, 2018)

The film A Star is Born is a remake of a 1976 film that will star Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. The film centers around a seasoned musician who falls in love with a struggling female artist. It may be the greatest love movie of year.

2. Beautiful Boy (October 12, 2018)

Beautiful Boy is a film starring Timothée Chalamet (AKA the love of my life) and Steve Carrell. The film focuses on a father-son relationship. The son struggles with substance abuse and the father tries to understand his son’s actions. If you’re looking for a movie that’ll make you need Kleenex, this will be the one for you.

3. Bohemian Rhapsody (November 2, 2018)

The film Bohemian Rhapsody is about the band Queen. It centers on the life and career of lead singer Freddie Mercury. If you’re looking for a good movie and want to hear some killer music, I think this film will be for you.

4. Boy Erased (November 2, 2018)

The film Boy Erased stars Russell Crowe and Nicole Kidman. It is about a young boy who is slowly coming to terms with his sexuality, while living in an extremely religious household. He is sent to a conversion camp and has to help his parents understand that he can’t and does not want to change. This film is based off of a true story and will make you want to wave your rainbow flag the entire way home.

5. Welcome to Marwen (December 21, 2018)

Welcome to Marwen is a film that stars Steve Carrell, who is a World War 2 vet assaulted by Neo-Nazis and undergoes severe trauma from the experience. In order to cope, he creates dolls in the likeness of inspiring women in his life. If your family is looking for a film around the holiday season, I think this will be the one for you!

Keep an eye out for all of these films and enjoy!

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5Cover

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.