4 Things To Show Some Love To This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

It’s easy to show you love your significant other, your friends and your family on Valentine’s Day. But what about those little things that keep you going throughout the year? That help you get through a rough day? That keep you sane? Show these things some love this week!

1. Your phone

If you’re like me, you typically have your phone on you all the time. It’s there for you when you need to talk to someone, when you’re bored or when you’re getting updated on the news. As a generation that has grown up with lots of different phones (anybody remember when having a Razr meant you were cool?), show some love to your iPhone that doesn’t require you to hit a button four times to type out the letter “S.”

2. Coffee

Where to start with coffee? It perks you up in the mornings and can keep you running when you hit that afternoon slump. No matter how you drink it, coffee is always there for you. So get out there and conquer those 8 a.m.s and write that essay, all while showing your coffee some love.

3. Your favorite classes

We all have one or two classes that we genuinely enjoy attending. Whether it’s because of the subject matter or the professor, love that class because classes that you actually want to go to are far and few. So study up, do your homework and make sure that class knows you love it.

4. Netflix

What else is better at helping you procrastinate? And, it doesn’t judge you for binge-watching a show for several hours (or a whole day). Netflix stands by your side throughout all of your hardships, so show it some TLC this Valentine’s Day to let it know you appreciate it.

Photos: cover1, 2, 3, 4

Rachel Green is a senior Journalism and Mass Communication Major at the University of Iowa. She is also earning two minors in Sport and Recreation Management and Spanish and a certificate in Creative Writing. She serves at Her Campus Iowa's Senior Editor, and is a member of Iowa's editorial team. When she's not working on something for Her Campus, she can be found studying in the library, doodling in her sketchbooks or curling up with a cup of tea and a book.  
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.