14 Thoughts We Had While Watching “The Bachelor” Finale (As Told By The Cast)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

As Chris Harrison would say, “This was the most dramatic season of The Bachelor yet.” That is probably true after watching the season 20 final rose ceremony on Monday, March 14th. This season, Bachelor Ben was the first to tell the remaining two women that he was in love with them both. Monday night, all of America watched as Ben got down on one knee and proposed to Lauren, leaving Jojo heartbroken in Jamaica.  

Here are some of my thoughts throughout the most anticipated night of Ben’s journey.

1. *Roll the cameras to Ben’s pastor flipping through the bible* This has to be sripted…

2. Why did Chris Harrison bring both JoJo and Lauren’s families onto the live viewing show? This is weird…

3. When Ben brings JoJo and Lauren to meet his parents, they don’t disapprove of either of them. Hmm, that doesn’t help us with any hints!

4. Now you’re concerned that Lauren’s “too perfect,” Ben? No, no, no… (I may or may not be biased). Pick her, choose her, love HER.

5. When Ben says, “Hey Beautiful,” greeting both the women for their dates…okay this is repetitive enough, let’s switch it up a little!

6. Ben to JoJo: “In two months you’ve become my best friend”… 

7.  JoJo:”But, you love her too?”… Remember, Ben, you said it TWICE?

8. Oh, shoot. He said “I love you” to JoJo, but not to Lauren after their dates…Now I’m confused.

Onto the final rose ceremony:

9. Oh my god, JoJo is out of the helicopter first… 

10. JoJo: “I trust Ben, he said he wouldn’t blind side me”

11. Ben: “I love you, but I’m in love with someone else more.” What JoJo probably wanted to do in that moment:

It pretty much just went downhill for JoJo after that…

Now it’s Laurens turn:

12. Ben to Lauren: “I want to wake up every morning and kiss you on the face”…

13. BEN PROPOSES TO LAUREN!

14. I don’t want to brag, but I called it from Day 1.

14. And then… JoJo is announced as the NEW BACHELORETTE!

And that’s a wrap for season 20 of “The Bachelor”!

We’ll miss you Ben!

Go Theta, Go Hawks, Go HC 
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.