101 Things to Do Before You Graduate: #16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

# 16:  Run the University of Iowa Dance Marathon For The Kids 5k

Before graduating Iowa there are so many things you don’t want to miss out on and look back and say, “I never knew about that” or “I wish I had done that”.  So here’s Iowa’s Her Campus Bucket List: 101 things to do before you graduate.  Try to see how many things you can do around campus in your spare time!

For The Kids 5k is sponsored by University of Iowa Dance Marathon and is taking place this Sunday October 2 in Iowa City’s Lower City Park.

It is not too late to sign up!  Check-in and late registration begins at 8:30AM with the actual race beginning at 10AM. You can sign up online by visiting www.dancemarathon.org or sign up the day of the race! Registration fee is $15 which includes a light breakfast any many other items!

Dance Marathon has signed up runners for the Chicago Marathon coming up on October 9.  This run is a partnership with Dance Marathon the Marathon and gives the opportunity for all of those who may not be able to run a marathon to still run in honor of all the children and their families battling cancer. 

There will be live entertainment and prizes will be awarded to the top three male and top three female runners, along with that, there will be a general drawing for prizes!

Join in the efforts of helping fight cancer one stride at a time so run, walk or jog all FOR THE KIDS.  

Deanna is a junior journalism and studio arts major at the University of Iowa. Born in Spring Grove, IL, Deanna has been involved in journalism ever since her high school yearbook editing days. Since coming to Iowa in 2008, Deanna has joined Dance Marathon and Ed on Campus. In 2010, Deanna joined the Her Campus team as a writer and in October became a Branch Manager. When Deanna is not writing you can find her hanging out with her friends, taking pictures, reading novels, playing intramural sports and cheering on the Hawkeyes. Deanna hopes to become a magazine reporter or editor in Chicago or New York City in the future.