10 Twitter Accounts to Follow as an Iowa Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

10. Iowa Greek Life (@iowafsl)

On this account, you can get updates from all sororities and fraternities as well as events going on. With @iowafsl, you can get access to fraternity and sorority life.

9. The Daily Iowan (@thedailyiowan)

The Daily Iowan is our school paper that keeps us updated with the latest news. We can get information online, on their Twitter and with their FREE newspaper. The Daily Iowan keeps us informed on what’s happening both on campus and off.

8. The Iowa Hawkeyes (@theiowahawkeyes)

The Iowa Hawkeyes are another way to stay updated with sports, classes and other events going on at the University of Iowa. This is the official account for the Iowa Hawkeyes. This would be a great way to stay updated with ALL sports at the University of Iowa.

7. CAB (@uiowacab)

This is one of the biggest organizations at the University of Iowa. With CAB standing for “Campus Activities Board,” this is pretty self explanatory. They are responsible for most of the events happening on campus, including when we had Kevin Hart come last semester! With this twitter account, you can get updates on all the other cool events they have going on, along with some giveaways!

6. Those Iowa Boys (@thoseiowaboys)

Although this isn’t an official university account, it might as well be. Those Iowa boys are full of motivational, informational, hilarious and odd tweets that can make your day a little better. Their love for Pancheros is contagious. They represent the University of Iowa with pride. Their love for burritos and our Hawkeyes are just a couple things they express.

5. Herkey the Hawk (@therealherkey)

This is the official Twitter page for our mascot, Herkey the Hawkeye! We get updates from Herkey himself on all the events he is at. He also likes to roam around campus and walk people to class. Give our ‘ol Herkey a follow, you know you love him.

4. U of Iowa Police (@uiowa_police)

Yes, we do have police specifically for our campus. Yes, that’s normal. U of Iowa Police tweet about safety precautions and opportunities and update us on the latest crimes and scandals on campus. Keeping informed on our safety is important!

3. Hawkeye Football (@hawkeyefootball)

Who doesn’t love football?! We are at the University of Iowa, it’s in our blood. This account gives updates of games, recruits and politics of our beloved Iowa Hawkeyes.

2. University of Iowa (@uiowa)

This twitter account gives us information on events, gives us tips for success, important deadlines to remember, along with other information. This is a great account to follow to get updates on everything happening on campus!

1. Her Campus Iowa (@hercampusiowa)

Because what kind of person would I be if I didn’t suggest you follow our own Twitter account?! With this you can get the latest updates on what’s going on at Iowa, good reads and some giveaways! 

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.