absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Christmas Cookie Recipes You Should Totally Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Winter break is a longgg month off from school, but Christmas will be here and over before you know it. Don’t wake up on the 26th regretting your life away wishing you had made Christmas cookies but didn’t because you were too lazy in bed watching Grey’s Anatomy for like the fifth time (and sharing that damn Meredith and Derek video on Facebook every other day). Grab some of your high school friends, turn on our holiday playlists and get bakin’ with these creative, delicious and Insta-worthy Christmas cookies. 

1. Christmas Light Sugar Cookies

These Christmas light sugar cookies look like you’d find them in the Urban Outfitters Apartment department. So cute and chic!

2. Eggnogg Snickerdoodles

Do you love snickerdoodles? Turn into an eggnog addict during the holidays? Then this recipe is for you! Imagine dipping this cookie in your tall glass of eggnog. 

3. Miniature Gingerbread House Cookies

Baking these adorable miniature gingerbread house cookies will have you feeling like an architect this holiday season. Until you destroy and devour them because they’re so delicious!

4. Red Velvet Melted Snowman Cookies

Save these red velvet melted snowman cookies to eat the day after Christmas to accurately represent your emotions of having to wait another whole year for your favorite holiday.

5. Hot Cocoa Cookie Shots

Hot cocoa cookie shots? Make a few rounds of these for your gal pals!

6. Cookie Batter Christmas Cookies

Celebrate Jesus’ birthday with these cookie batter Christmas cookies. Amen. 

7. Reindeer Cookies

You can make Rudolph’s whole squad and eat them with your squad. #SquadGoals 

8. Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies

You’ll need to rock around the Christmas tree a few times after eating stacks on stacks of frosting and sugar cookies, but calories don’t count during the holidays, right? 

9. Peppermint Butter Cookies

No cookie exchange party is right without a peppermint flavor cookie!

10. Penguin Cookies

Get the oven started already; these penguin cookies are just too cute not to!

Happy baking this holiday season, collegiettes! 

Alyssa Pozen

U Iowa '19

Editor-in-Chief for U Iowa Her Campus. Senior at the University of Iowa studying Journalism and Mass Communication and earning a certificate in Entrepreneurial Management. Obsessed with meme culture, entrepreneurial podcasts and the Real Housewives franchise.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.