Wellness > Health

Your Microbiome Will Thank You For Drinking These 5 Olipop Flavors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

As a busy college student, it can be hard to prioritize your health while balancing the academic and social stresses we all know too well. I have recently been looking for small ways to implement healthier habits, and drinking Olipops has been one way I’ve done so. Olipop has branded itself as “a new kind of soda” that is made with plant fibers, prebiotics, and botanicals to support your microbiome, which is the collection of microorganisms that naturally live on and inside our bodies. These microorganisms outnumber our human cells at a 10:1 ratio, so protecting them is vital to our overall health. Each can of Olipop contains nine grams of fiber and only two to five grams of sugar and caters to “soda-style flavors” that you may know and love. At first, I was a bit hesitant to try this soft drink as I thought it would taste bland, boring, or flat in comparison to other sodas. I quickly found that to be completely false as I tried the different options Olipop had to offer. Here are five of my favorite Olipop flavors that are definitely worth a try.

1. Cherry cola

One of my favorite sodas of all time is Cherry Coke, so trying Olipop’s Cherry Cola was a no-brainer for me. It instantly became my favorite flavor as the cherry and cola combo pair so well together. This flavor is made with tart cherry juice and contains 50 mg of caffeine from green tea to give you a little boost in the morning or afternoon. I highly suggest starting your Olipop journey with a cup of Cherry Cola to ease you into the fruity flavors they have to offer.

2. Banana Cream

This sh*t is bananas — B-A-N-A-N-A-S! Originally launched as a minion-themed flavor in 2022, the Banana Cream Olipop is truly banana cream pie in soda form. As a person who doesn’t always love banana-flavored candy or soda, I was pleasantly surprised when I loved the banana cream Olipop. While this flavor was supposed to be limited edition, Olipop fans loved it so much that it was brought back for good. If you love hints of vanilla, cream, and banana, this is the flavor for you.

3. Lemon Lime

Lemon Lime is a classic soda flavor that we all know and love, and Olipop does not disappoint when it comes to their version. This flavor is refreshing and light, especially over ice, and I can imagine it would make an amazing Shirley Temple. I will note that the flavor is more subtle than the intensity you would get from a Mountain Dew or Sprite, but its simplicity is what makes it special.

4. Cherry Vanilla

Cherry Vanilla is another classic that reminds me of my hometown diner and their cherry vanilla floats. This is one of my favorite flavors since it is similar to the Cherry Cola, but takes a different road with the vanilla addition. This flavor combines both tart cherries and rainier cherries to give you a holistic and strong cherry flavor.

5. Orange Squeeze

If you love a creamsicle, summer vibe, this is the perfect Olipop for you. Orange Squeeze leans more on the popsicle side than a classic orange juice, but it makes the flavor fun and fresh. This is definitely the most refreshing flavor on this list and reminds me of warm, sunny days at the beach.

Health Habits start small. Start with Olipop!

Being healthy looks different for everyone, but healthy habits start small and grow with time and consistency! Olipops are a great place to start if you are looking to help heal your gut microbiome and have a little fun with a new drink! So go, start your Olipop journey today!

Bailey Brake

U Conn '26

Bailey Brake is a sophomore at the University of Connecticut serving as Huskython Chair and Secretary for HerCampus UConn. Her love for writing, reading, and speaking originated when she joined a competitive public speaking organization at the age of 7. Since then, the art of words and diction and how they can influence others has been her passion. When she is not writing for HerCampus, she spends her time at UConn being a tour guide for incoming and prospective students. She also participates in Huskython -an 18-hour dance marathon raising money for Connecticut's Children's Hospital- as a morale dancer. She is currently double majoring in political science and human rights and hopes to make a difference in this world for the communities that need it. In her spare time, Bailey enjoys baking, listening to Taylor Swift, dancing, and a good debrief session with her friends. There is always time for a shopping trip, car ride jam sesh, and ice cream stop in Bailey's schedule.