This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

January 20th, 2021 was an exciting day for so many Americans. The first woman, WOC, and person of South Asian descent became Vice President. And, a sense of relief seemed to sweep the nation as a new president stepped in. To top things off, the crowd and entertainment blessed us with iconic outfits to celebrate the exciting day. Below is a list of attendees who rocked the inaugural runway, and helped celebrate the 46th President of the United States in style. 

Ella Emhoff

Ella is the step-daughter of Vice President Kamala Harris, and a 21-year student at the Parsons School of Design in NYC. Ella told Garage in an interview that she might make her own outfit for Inauguration Day, and stole the spotlight in a jewel embellished plaid coat. You can buy her designs on Instagram, @ellaemhoff.

Amanda Gorman 

Not only is she the youngest inaugural poet in U.S. history, but she did it in Prada.

Jennifer Lopez

Dressed in white from head to toe, the singer gave her outfit a classic look with the help of some pearls.

Dr. Jill Biden 

The First Lady sparkled in her baby blue outfit, designed by the New York City brand Markarian.

Lady Gaga

The only thing better than her rendition of the national anthem was her outfit.

Kamala Harris 

Of course Madame Vice President made the cut.

Meena Harris 

Meena stepped out in an emerald green getup with fur trim and a bedazzled boot. She routinely serves us fashion looks on her instagram @meena, where she also promotes her children’s book Ambitious Girl. 

Natalie Biden

The 16-year-old granddaughter of President Joe Biden sat front and center in a light pink peacoat with a scarf wrap. She gave us Kennedy vibes, and it’s safe to say Jackie-O would be proud.

Michelle Obama

The former First Lady gave her own spin on the Inauguration Day uniform in a red three-piece pant set.

Bernie Sanders 

One word: mittens. This photo already broke the internet… so I’ll just leave it here.

Jennie is a senior at The University of Connecticut studying communications, a previous intern for Her Campus Nationals, and the editor-in-chief of Her Campus UConn! You can find her on instagram @jennie.fetzer, or in the decor section of TJMaxx buying candles.