This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Yik Yak has arrived at UConn!  As part of their 2015 College Campus Spring Tour, Yik Yak sent out representatives with a Yakarma Kart to distribute giveaway prizes to Yik Yak users with good yakarma.  For those of you that do not currenly use Yik Yak, yakarma is the total amount of points a user has based on how much they post, comment, or vote on other people’s yaks.  

The Yik Yak Bus & Yakarma Kart arrive outside the Co-Op

Three Yik Yak reps posing for a pic inside the UConn Co-Op

All you have to do is go to the UConn Co-Op, open up the app, show the reps your yakarma score and they will tell you what kind of prizes you are eligible for.  For 20,000 yakarma points you can get a tank-top or tee-shirt, 30,000 gets you a pair of awesome Yak socks or a Yak beanie, 50,000 gets you a Yik Yak flag to proudly hang on your wall.  There are a variety of other prizes including ping-pong balls with the Yik Yak logo, pens, sunglasses, bottle openers, combs, stickers, koozies, and Yak masks for people with lower yakarmas.  The great part about this event is that no one walks away empty handed. 

Some of the many prizes available

The Yik Yak Crew will be here again from 10am-3pm tomorrow (maybe even the day after, we will keep you updated on that) so don’t stress if you missed your chance to get some free stuff.  

Be sure to keep an eye out for the Yik Yak mascot and be sure to get a picture with him!  Post it on Instagram, hashtag #RideTheYak, and it will be featured on the official tour website.  To find out more about Yik Yak and UConn’s campus representative, Kevin Derohanian, click here.

Happy Yakking!

Nikki is the Campus Correspondent & Editor in Chief for Her Campus UConn.  She is a senior majoring in Communication with a minor in HDFS.  Nikki wishes she was Beyoncé, worships Adele, eats more pasta than is probably recommended, and is a Ravenclaw at heart.   If you have any questions or concerns regarding Her Campus UConn, you can email her at nicoleharris@hercampus.com.