This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s that time of year again! As spooky season comes to an end, it’s time to bust out the winter jackets and snow boots. Although the frigid weather is something that I am not looking forward to, winter fashion is what always gets me through. With chunky sweaters, scarves, and cozy hoodies, what is there not to love about winter fashion? After doing some research and fashion forecasting, here are my top fashion trends to look out for (and shop for) this winter season. 

1. Loafers

Loafers are back! Not only are they a staple for professional outfits, but they are perfect to elevate any casual look. Especially since they come in so many neutral colors, they match everything.

2. Puffers

I live in my puffer jackets and vests during the winter, and this winter will be no exception. My perfect winter staples include everything that is both comfy and cute, and puffers fit the bill. They have been on trend for the past few winters, and that will certainly continue through this year.

3. Chunky Scarves

Scarves were my middle-school staple, but these chunky scarves are making a comeback. I have always been wary to bring mine out for the winter season, but I think scarves will be a hit this season. I highly recommend shopping for these at T.J.Maxx— they have such a wide variety each winter and they are super cute and affordable!

4. Uggs

In my “How to Survive Winter Weather at UConn” article from last winter, I placed Mini Uggs at the top of my list for winter staples. This winter is no different. In September, I pulled my mini Uggs out of my closet and I have been living in them ever since. However, you don’t have to stick with the classic Ultra Mini Uggs in Chesnut. I have also seen Platform Slipper Clogs and different colors such as Slate or Burnt Olive in the Ultra Mini Uggs that are so cute. 

5. MotoCross/Leather

Leather is going to be a huge staple this year. With the huge rise of leather pants last season, undoubtedly leather is going to make a big comeback this winter. Not only will it be in leather pants, but I have also seen a lot of black leather jackets popping up on my Instagram feed.

6. Neutrals

This fall, and now winter, is going to be all about the neutrals, and I am here for it. With this color scheme, everything is so easy to pair and match together (including with my Mini Uggs). Neutral colors are so classy and timeless, and perfect for the winter weather.

Winter fashion is right around the corner, so I hope this article gave you some inspiration for your winter fashion looks. Stay warm!

Emily Rostkowski is a senior at the University of Connecticut studying math and math education. She is a contributing writer to HerCampus UConn who enjoys writing on culture, fitness, lifestyle, and college topics. Aside from this, Emily is pursuing research in her field and has worked as a research assistant this past summer. She will begin full-time student teaching this spring in a high school mathematics classroom. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, working out, eating ice cream, trying new coffee shops, and attending UConn sporting events. Most importantly, she is a hot girl walk, Taylor Swift, and sugar cookie latte enthusiast.