This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Now that we are settling into November, the cold weather is here to stay. At UConn, that is certainly no exception- our winters can be brutal, to say the least. Here are some winter style essentials to make sure that you’re staying warm this winter at UConn (and surviving the wind tunnels).

Mini uggs

Uggs are coming back (throwback to middle school), and they’re certainly at the top of my wishlist this winter. I’m eyeing the Chesnut-colored Mini Uggs, how adorable are they! Not only are these boots super cute, but they will keep your feet nice and warm as you walk through campus this winter.

Puffer jacket

I have seen so many puffer jackets around campus already as the weather begins to get colder, and I think that they’re the perfect winter jacket for this season. These jackets are guaranteed to keep you warm and cozy this season.

Oversized hoddies/sweaters

I cannot get enough of my oversized sweaters and hoodies! Pair them with some black leggings and you’ll be ready to tackle the winter weather! Not only is this a super easy outfit option, but it also looks amazing every time.

Yoga pants

We have our queen Miss Emma Chamberlain to thank for this one. Yoga pants made a big comeback last winter and I’m very happy to see that this trend is still going strong. Once again, this is a super comfy outfit option that will make any outfit of yours that much cuter.

fuzzy socks

I could not finish this article without including fuzzy socks- the most famous clothing accessory each winter. Make sure to have plenty of pairs on-hand to get you through the cold winter season!

Hopefully, now you have all that you need to survive the freezing winters at UConn (and look amazing while doing it)!

Stay warm this winter :)

Emily Rostkowski is a senior at the University of Connecticut studying math and math education. She is a contributing writer to HerCampus UConn who enjoys writing on culture, fitness, lifestyle, and college topics. Aside from this, Emily is pursuing research in her field and has worked as a research assistant this past summer. She will begin full-time student teaching this spring in a high school mathematics classroom. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, working out, eating ice cream, trying new coffee shops, and attending UConn sporting events. Most importantly, she is a hot girl walk, Taylor Swift, and sugar cookie latte enthusiast.