It’s Time To Get Excited About Tate McRae & Her ‘Think Later’ Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Tate McRae released her sophomore album Think Later on Dec. 8, 2023, and her tour for the album kicks off on April 17, 2024, in Dublin, Ireland. Whether you are a die-hard fan, casual listener, or don’t know Tate’s music just yet, let’s discuss why this tour is so exciting and, even if you don’t have tickets, why you should be excited about the Think Later tour!

Tate’s Tour Announcement Post on Instagram. Nov. 6, 2023.

Who is Tate Mcrae?

Before we get into tour specifics, let’s talk about Tate McRae: the artist behind the tour. At only 20 years old, Tate is a multi-platinum singer-songwriter from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. She moved to LA with her family when she was 17 years old to pursue her music career. Prior to this, she would post singing videos on her self-titled YouTube channel which gained quite a bit of traction. In fact, her original song “One Day” went viral when she posted it, so she ended up self-releasing it.

Though the self-release of “One Day” was the true start of her music career, Tate got her first real taste of musical success when her song “You Broke Me First” was released in 2020. It hit #17 on the Billboard Hot 100, became the second most streamed song released by a female artist that year, and has been used in over one million TikTok videos. Even if you think you don’t know it… you do. I promise!

Tate’s First World Tour

One of the most exciting things about Tate’s Think Later tour is that it is her first global tour. During her previous tour, Tate only played 20 shows in the U.S. Now, she will be performing 53 shows across Australia, Europe, New Zealand, North America, and the U.K. Her fans all over the world are excited to have the chance to see her perform live.

Even cooler, now that she is performing outside the U.S., Tate is playing her first show in Calgary, her hometown. Tate commented on this in an interview with the Los Angeles Times: “I know way too many people in Calgary,” McRae laughed. “I just don’t want all my brother’s friends staring at me.”

Content. content. content.

Even if you don’t have tickets to the tour, there are going to be thousands of high-quality photos and videos posted from each show. In addition to this, it has become common for fans to livestream the concerts they attend. I would be surprised if there weren’t live streams that everyone could tune in to for Tate’s tour as well. This is definitely one of the positive parts of social media: you can essentially attend concerts virtually!

Tour Outfits

Tate has a very unique style for this album. Her outfits tend to play around with the incorporation of different parts of hockey uniforms, which is something I haven’t really seen done before. Due to this, I am always super excited to see what she shows up to perform wearing. As always, there will be photos of her outfits floating all around social media. Get your friends together and decide which outfits you like the most from the tour once it begins!

Some of Tate’s outfits from the promotion of Think Later.

The CHOREOGRAPHY

If you have watched any of Tate’s performances, it is hard not to notice that she is more than a singer-songwriter. Tate is also a dancer and has been since she was six years old. In her youth, she trained in the Professional Division at the School of Alberta Ballet and, if that’s not impressive enough, Tate was also featured as a main competitor on the show So You Think You Can Dance: The Next Generation, ending the competition in third place. Now, she enjoys incorporating dance breaks into her performances. I think it is safe to say that her talents in dance will continue to be displayed with impressive choreography during the Think Later tour.

The Music

Last, but not least, the songs. While the setlist is yet to be released, we know that this tour is going to be full of hits from Think Later like “greedy,” her first top 10 hit on the Hot 100, and “exes.” Besides these two singles, there are 12 more tracks on the album to be excited to hear performed live. (I am personally super excited to hear “calgary”!) Watch Tate’s live NHL All-Star Intermission Performance to get an idea of what to expect. Girlfriend can sing!

Tate has become one of my favorite artists after the release of Think Later and I am beyond excited to see what her tour has in store for her fans once it begins next month!

Caila Flaemig is a sophomore psychology major and honor's student at the University of Connecticut. She is originally from Cherry Hill, New Jersey and is a first generation student. She joined Her Campus in February of 2024 and has continued to have a passion for article writing ever since. When she is not writing for Her Campus, you can find Caila reading or writing her own work of fiction. Other than that, she enjoys spending time outside and with her family, friends, and pets.