This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

To say season 2 of Stranger Things is one of the best things to happen to Netflix is an understatement. It premiered on Oct 27 and if you haven’t already binge watched all 9 episodes, you better get to it. For those who haven’t made it through the new episodes yet, or, god forbid, have not watched season one, beware of spoilers ahead. It’s safe to say most of us can’t really imagine our world before the days of the upside down and the dangers of the Demogorgon. From adorable Will Byers to the return of Winona Ryder on the big screen, the many reasons we all love Stranger Things goes on and on:

1. Lucas’ Little Sister

Almost every comment coming from Erica is an insult to her older brother or his friends, and each is funnier than the next. She may only be 11 years old, but with attitude and sass that steal the show in every scene, the fact that she wasn’t in season one is honestly a mystery.

2. The 1st of (hopefully) Many Appearances of Dacre Montgomery

He might play the evil older brother of Max and have a rather aggressive fight with our beloved Steve, but his good looks make up for his attitude. His character doesn’t have any real purpose this season, but he does provide some extra drama as well as something pretty to look at. His looks, so far, seem to be his only redeemable quality, but those eyes are enough to not doubt his character is necessary.

3.  All the 80’s References

From Steve’s Farrah Fawcett spray to our main boys’ timely Ghostbusters costume, the nostalgia is real. For anyone obsessed with the over-the-top fashion of that decade, the clothing, especially at the last episode’s Snow Ball, will make the show that much more fun to watch. If you’re looking for goals on how to pull off a retro inspired look, then look no further, because Nancy rocks all the styles of the day.

4. The Music

The moment The Romantics’ “Talking in Your Sleep” played in the second episode, it was clear that this season would be just as good as the first. Listen to the background noise and you’ll notice that nearly every song played is an 80’s classic. Anyone with a good taste in music is bound to like at least one song.

5. The Love Triangle

You know the one. Mostly everyone is torn on who Nancy belongs with. There’s Jonathan: the kind, shy, artsy guy who has always been there for her, and then there’s Steve, the funny, popular kid who’s quickly becoming just as beautiful on the inside as he is on the outside. It’s pretty agonizing having to wait a whole season and a half to find out who she chooses, but trust us, it’s worth the wait. 

6. The Adorableness That is Will Byers

For whatever reason, he always come across as younger than the other members of “the party”. His big eyes, bowl-cut and the fact that he gets babied by everyone other character makes him all the more cute. Yes, Noah Schnapp is older than he looks at 13, but that does not change the fact that he’s the little brother everyone wishes they had.

As arguably the best show of the year, Stranger Things is a must-watch… no excuses. Even if it seems like it’s not your thing, the hype is definitely real. Seen in one day or over a few, it’s nine hours well spent.

Cover Image