Why We Love Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson was crowned PEOPLE Magazine’s 2016 Sexiest Man Alive. He is currently sitting among preceding recipients of the award included Bradley Cooper and David Beckham. Presumably, The Rock has a some big shoes to fill, but we know that he will not disappoint. If you’re weary about Dwayne Johnson being crowned 2016’s Sexiest Man Alive, don’t be.

He has a swoon-worthy smile.

He may be fast, but he’s not furious.

The Rock is always fashion forward.

He’s a dog person.

He has a nice…. heart.

He’s seriously hot.

Gym The Rock may be our favorite version of The Rock.

But then there’s always Dad The Rock…

I mean how do you resist a guy that’s good with kids???

He’s one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time.

He’s a New York Times’ Best Selling Author.

The Rock turned his wrestling career into Hollywood fame and has starred in countless movies and produced multiple TV series and films.

He can sing!!!

Did you melt yet? Yeah?  Here’s another… oh, and we can’t forget this one. You’re welcome.

He’s spoken out about his struggle with depression and is an advocate for mental health awareness.

He celebrates his Polynesian heritage both in ink and through dance.

He’s a big goofball.

He’s number one on the field, and number one in our hearts (who didn’t love this movie?!).

We love you Dwayne Johnson.

Cover Image Source

Nikki is the Campus Correspondent & Editor in Chief for Her Campus UConn.  She is a senior majoring in Communication with a minor in HDFS.  Nikki wishes she was Beyoncé, worships Adele, eats more pasta than is probably recommended, and is a Ravenclaw at heart.   If you have any questions or concerns regarding Her Campus UConn, you can email her at nicoleharris@hercampus.com.