This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

In less than two months, 2024 has already proven to be a big year for the music industry. With Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift announcing their brand new albums, the conclusion of Noah Kahan’s Stick Season: The Trilogy releasing, and Megan Thee Stallion’s diss track “Hiss,” it’s clear that the music industry isn’t holding anything back for the new year.

The excitement doesn’t end with streaming. A number of the biggest stars across all music genres are starting their tours and making appearances at music festivals across the country. For all my concert fanatics reading, here’s a rundown of what to expect in live music this year.

On Friday, Feb. 23, Olivia Rodrigo will kick off the GUTS World Tour in Palm Springs, California. She has four opening acts scheduled for various dates: The Breeders, Chappell Roan, PinkPatheress, and Remi Wolf. Unfortunately, Rodrigo does not have any dates scheduled to visit Connecticut, but if you’re willing to make the commute, she will be in Boston, Massachusetts on April 1 and 2, and she will perform in New York City on April 5-6 and April 8-9. 

Up next is P!nk. She extended her Summer Carnival Tour further into 2024, and according to her website, she will return to perform in the United States on Aug. 10 in St. Louis, Missouri. She does not have any dates set for the New England area, but she does have dates scheduled for East Rutherford, New Jersey, and Syracuse, New York. 

Wrapping up in the pop genre, we have the dancing queen turned pop star Tate McRae. Social media-circulated snippets of her performances on The Tonight Show and Jingle Bell Ball have excited fans for her Think Later World Tour. Her U.S. performance dates start on July 7 in Woodville, Washington with Presley Regier as her opening act. Her performance dates closest to Connecticut are Boston, Massachusetts on Aug. 9 and New York City on Aug. 22.

Ticket sales for the concerts I’ve listed have already opened and likely sold out. But don’t lose hope! Tickets might be resold as concert dates get closer, and possibly at more budget-friendly prices. This happened during Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour and Beyonce’s Renaissance World Tour, so keep an eye on StubHub, Ticketmaster, or wherever prefer to find tickets to see your favorite artists.

In the past couple of weeks, a few artists have recently announced their tours and when their tickets will be available. For starters, indie-pop artist Lizzy McAlpine recently announced The Older Tour, of which tickets will be available to the general public on Friday, Feb. 23 at 10 a.m. The tour starts on April 21 in San Diego, California, closely following the release of her third studio album Older which releases on April 5. 

For country music lovers, Dan + Shay just announced their Heartbreak On The Map Summer Tour with special guests Jake Owen and Dylan Marlowe. Tickets also go on sale on Friday, Feb. 23 at 10 a.m. Their tour starts in Cincinnati, Ohio on July 18 and ends at Greenwood Village, Colorado on Sept. 21. These summer dates are an extension of the duo’s Heartbreak On The Map tour that ends on April 13.

Representing the rap genre, Lil Wayne announced a seven-stop tour to promote his 17th mixtape Tha Fix Before Tha VI. According to his official website, the tour starts in Tulsa, Oklahoma on March 14 and ends in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on June 1. An interesting feature also on the website is a “Play My City” button that brings you to a form where you can request a city where you’d like Lil Wayne to perform. If you don’t see a location near you listed, rally up some friends and submit forms. You never know, maybe you’ll convince him. Nonetheless, since the tour is so short, hurry and get your tickets now! 

Lindsay Thompson-Music Festival Miami Ultra Lights Stage Concert Balloons Music Edm
Lindsay Thompson / Her Campus

Of course, concerts are not the only way to enjoy live music. Many people might prefer a music festival, as it’s a weekend-long experience and you have the opportunity to see multiple of your favorite artists at once. This year, The Governors Ball Music Festival pulled out all the stops. The lineup comprises classic favorites such as Post Malone, SZA, and Labrinth and newly rising stars like Sabrina Carpenter and Renée Rap. The festival will take place in Flushing Meadows Corona Park in New York City from June 7-9. Tickets are available now.

Some of the artists I mentioned earlier will also make appearances at music festivals while on tour. McAlpine will perform at the Hinterland Music Festival. The festival will be held in St. Charles, Iowa from Aug. 2-4. It will host primarily folk and indie-pop artists for those of you who want a more low-key experience. Included in the lineup are Hozier, Noah Kahan, and Vampire Weekend. 

For more information on upcoming music festivals across the country, you can look on this website for dates, locations, lineups, and tickets. I hope your 2024 will be filled with singing, dancing, and creating unforgettable memories with your best friends and families.

Karla Perez

U Conn '26

Karla Perez is a sophomore communications and journalism double major at the University of Connecticut. Her writing focuses on entertainment, fashion, beauty and news. Apart from HerCampus, Karla is also an editor for The Daily Campus, UConn's student-run, independent newspaper. She is also involved in UCTV and the UConn Dance Company. Originally from Atlanta, Georgia, Karla writes about events pertinent to her hometown and college town. She is also interested in graphic design. She is a page designer for The Daily Campus where she has become familiar with Adobe Suite. She also trains herself in graphic design through Pinterest's newly released app, Shuffle. With these skills and experiences, Karla hopes to work for a major news outlet like the New York Times or CNN. She is also interested in exploring the world of fashion media outlets such as Vogue or Cosmopolitan. Apart from writing, Karla also enjoys reading, cooking, dancing and creating Pinterest boards and collages. She enjoys finding new outlets to source creativity from and inspire her both in design and writing. She strives to promote collaboration among creators to produce exciting content and foster a welcoming environment.