What Thanksgiving Food Are You Based Off Your Zodiac Sign?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Find out what you would be at this year’s Thanksgiving feast based off your star sign and its qualities!

Capricorn: Honey-glazed Brussel sprouts

Much like vegetables from the garden, the grounded sign of Capricorn comes from the element of Earth. Known for their hardworking and ambitious energy, Capricorns might just host the best Thanksgiving party yet. After all, they worked so hard to buy the nicest house on the block. The fun honey-glazed element ties in with the sweeter side of Capricorns, known for bringing entertainment and humor to all their closest friends, relationships, and family members at the Thanksgiving table.

Aquarius: Cranberry Sauce

While cranberry sauce might not be everyone’s cup of tea, this unique flavor captures the essence of any Aquarius sign. Aquarians, known for being eccentric and creative, are just like this special compliment sauce. While everyone might not add it to their plate, that’s what keeps it so special. Aquarians won’t force themselves to interact with anyone socially this holiday if they don’t want to because they know their energy and individuality are captivating enough. 

Pisces: apple pie

Is there an even more magical way to end the evening than with a nice slice of pie? The intuitive and escapist sign of Pisces may know how to make this dish not only from scratch but from their creative and imaginative memory. This final pastry might just bring a little bit of extra love to the meal, and maybe some new ideas for the upcoming holiday season. The sign of Pisces can help us recognize our emotions and find even more empathy in our hearts for those somewhat difficult family members at the Thanksgiving table. 

Aries: mashed potatoes

What better way to smash those potatoes than with a little anger from Aries? Known for their fiery, passionate, and sometimes angry energy, those potatoes will be ready in less than five minutes, especially since the sign of Aries is known for having impatient tendencies as well. On the bright side, no time will be wasted on cooking up this Thanksgiving feast, although a cook-off might occur (Aries loves a good competition). We all know a feast wouldn’t be complete without the perfect pairing of potatoes, and much like Aries, we always need that determined friend on our side.

Taurus: Cornbread

A traditional food for this dinner would be cornbread. Dependable and classic, just like Taurus, is what makes this dish so timeless and tasty. Although it might be hard to get the ingredients right, since the dough can get kind of stubborn much like a Taurus can, being headstrong and determined are some of the best qualities to get far in life — and to finish any complex cooking dish. This cornbread will be on everyone’s plate, and everyone knows we can’t get enough of the classics. 

Gemini: Baked Mac ‘n’ Cheese

The perfect crunch and gooey cheese of this dish ties in with the duality in the sign of Gemini. Geminis are known for their flexible, carefree, but slightly indecisive nature. Although you might be debating to get seconds of this indulgent side dish, it’s best to just do it and let loose as much as we can this holiday season, so take notes from Gemini. Sometimes things come out better the less we plan them, and the more we go with the flow.

Cancer: Vanilla Ice Cream (paired with pie)

Perfectly paired with the sign of Pisces, known to be compatible with not just ice cream and pie, Cancer brings a calming element of tenderness to this dessert platter. It’s the perfect creamy and refreshing taste to soothe the palate after all the different bursts of flavor. Cancers with their warm and intuitive energy can allow anyone in the room to feel more comfortable, safe, and nurtured after a long day of cooking and hosting. This dessert is not complete without its final touch that puts a smile on everyone’s face. 

Leo: Turkey

The main dish and centerpiece of any Thanksgiving dinner is the turkey. Just like Leos, the spotlight is always on them for this holiday meal. Could it be true that maybe the world does revolve around Leo energy just a little bit? Of course, we can’t get enough of it because we know everyone will have a slice of that on their plate. This bold and rich flavor is just what makes Leos so special and swoon-worthy. This meal truly isn’t complete without its star, the turkey, and its Leo guests. 

Virgo: pumpkin pie

This dish takes a little bit of perfectionism to complete, and if anything tastes a little off, a few judgmental looks might be passed around the table — especially from the sign Virgo when their inner food critic arises. They can’t help the fact they want the dish to be perfect; they just hold everything to high standards because they know they could do it excellently themselves. Pros at organization and list planning, this dish might just be the most carefully crafted. At the end of the day, this tasty dish is the best way to finish off a course, and nothing makes Virgo happier than a flawless ending. 

Libra: stuffing

Stuffing is essential to the balance of the Thanksgiving plate. The turkey can’t go without the stuffing, and the rest of the meal lacks flavor when it’s not there. Libras are known for the balanced energy that they bring to any table, including the Thanksgiving one. No friend group is complete without the “life of the party” Libra that is able to bring everyone together. Not only that, but stuffing gets just as much attention and love as the turkey, which is exactly what a Libra craves from the relationships around them.

Scorpio: Red wine

A little bit of wine always stirs the pot no matter the occasion. Scorpios are known for bringing a moody and slightly intense energy to any setting. Anything can occur if that Scorpio is in the room, and anything can be said when there’s a little wine in anyone’s system. Don’t be surprised if they meet someone new at this year’s “Friendsgiving” and sneak away before dessert: this sign is known for their sensual and almost siren-like qualities when it comes to love and new encounters. 

Sagittarius: Sweet potato Casserole

What’s more funky and adventurous than this dish? Sagittariuses are known for the fun mix they bring to any environment, the same way this sweet and salty combo elevates an entire meal. However don’t be surprised if they don’t stay for dessert — Sagittariuses are known for their fast-paced lively energy, and they might be rushing to the airport to catch a Thanksgiving flight. Ice cream and pie on the plane? We love a plot twist ending to this Thanksgiving meal.  

Conclusion

This years Thanksgiving foods will resonate with all 12 signs at the table, so prepare for some new and fun energy surrounding this break and holiday season. Each food has their own special traits, so make sure you indulge in what you need the most. Remember to keep in mind what works best for you and your star sign energy over all these big dinner events. Happy Turkey Day!

Amelia is a freshmen at University of Connecticut majoring in Journalism. She loves to hang out with friends, go to yoga classes, swim, and binge watch Netflix. Her comfort show is Jane the Virgin and her go-to Starbucks bev is a pink drink!