What Starbucks Drink You Are Based On Your Major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Happy end of the semester! As a fun little wrap-up to bring this school year to a close, I decided to continue my series of articles sorting people based on their majors. If you haven’t read the first two about bagels and holiday movies yet (although I’m sure you have as a loyal Her Campus reader) feel free to check them out. I tried to vary the majors as much as possible, but if you don’t see yours, don’t stress! I’ll be posting these types of articles every semester until I graduate, so stay tuned in to our Insta if you don’t wanna miss them.

Without further ado, here’s what Starbucks drink you are based on your major:

Agriculture: Matcha Latte

These two were a perfect match in my mind. The green coloring of the matcha looks just like the pigment of grass (and low-key tastes like it too). No shade though. This is my go-to order whenever I’m feeling a bit stressed and need some grounding. It’s definitely an underrated drink and I wish more people gave it the recognition it deserves.

Exercise Science: Espresso Double Shot

Another obvious pair-up. With all the exercising and science classes you guys have to go through, I’m sure you could use the extra caffeine. I also had a math teacher back in high school who was a hard-core gym rat and this would be his coffee order every morning. I’d personally just skip the workout and take a nap, but you guys do you.

Martin Do You Even Lift GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Marketing: Pink Drink

10/10. Absolutely Stunning. The pink drink is the definition of a marketing success. The drink tastes great, looks great, and the name RHYMES. Honestly couldn’t get any better. There’s a reason this drink has a chokehold on people all around the world. Also, apparently pink drinks with sweet cream cold foam are now a thing? YES. PLEASE. To all my marketing girlies, keep on slaying the business world. 💖

Allied health: Green Tea Lemonade

I don’t know why, but every time I drink a green tea lemonade I feel like I just became the most refreshed, healthiest person on earth. Although I’m sure there’s more sugar in it than most doctors would recommend, there’s something about the mixture that revives me every time I order it. I 100% trust the baristas that make my venti order of this with my life.

Health Sobriety GIF by DrSquatch - Find & Share on GIPHY

Physics: Flat white

To all the physics majors out there, how are you? I feel like every time I talk to you guys it’s like speaking to a robot low on batteries. Hopefully, the espresso in this drink helps recharge you guys a bit as we approach finals. Also, do any of you wanna explain how baristas master the art of latte foam? As a barista myself, all I can say is that it’s straight up physics magic.

Starbucks GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

HDFS: Pistachio Frappuccino

All of the HDFS majors that I meet are truly so sweet, so I had to give them some form of a frappuccino. I decided to go with the pistachio flavor since it’s not overly sugary, and HDFS majors not only cater to young children, but their parents/caregivers as well. This is the kind of drink that can make everyone smile.

Coffee Break Starbucks GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Digital media & Design: Caramel Apple Spice Cider

Did you know Starbucks sells cider all year round? I definitely didn’t and will make sure to keep that in mind the next time mother nature wants to throw another 40-degree day at us in the middle of spring. Based on the image on the website, this caramel apple spice cider looks like the definition of a warm hug. The design squad at Starbucks really perfected the golden hue on this one.

Fall Autumn GIF by Starbucks - Find & Share on GIPHY

Computer science: Americano

I have to extend my physics question to this group as well. With finals officially here, how are all you computer science folk holding up? For anyone who may not know, an Americano is basically a double shot of espresso diluted with hot water. It helps all those who need their caffeine fix to last them through the night as they study. If you guys ever see me in the cafes around campus and need another shot of espresso to get you through…or maybe a hug…just let me know. 🤍

Friends Hug GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Environmental Studies: ICED PEACH GREEN TEA

I haven’t met many environmental studies majors, but the ones that I have are some of the kindest people I know. I feel like they would love iced peach green teas, with their fruity and refreshing taste that could cool anyone down on a hot summer day. With all the chaos going on in the world, it’s nice to have a sweet little drink every once in a while to remind you of the good.

Puppet Arts: Mocha

Last but most certainly not least, we have the adult version of chocolate milk for all of our puppet majors out there. You guys seem to be really in touch with your childhood selves, and I honestly love that. I feel like puppet majors don’t get the respect they deserve for all the work they put into their art. Shows like Sesame Street and The Muppets are honestly the backbone of our society though, and I have no clue where we’d be without them.

Best Friends Hug GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

And there we have it! I hope you all had a lovely spring semester and wish good luck to anyone with upcoming finals. Remember, all you have to do is try your best. You are worth way more than your grades! Now go take a trip to the nearest Starbucks and get yourself a little treat. No matter how you do in the end, you deserve it.

Makenna is the Treasurer of Her Campus UConn. She is currently a Junior double majoring in English and Psychology who loves using her writing to help others decompress from the chaos that is life and learn more about culture, academics, and wellness along the way. Makenna is also a Supervisor for the UC cafes around campus, so if you ever see her working behind the barista machine and need a quick pick-me-up make sure to stop by! She additionally commutes to her home in Milford, CT to work her second job as a teacher at a local children's fitness center. In her spare time, Makenna enjoys crocheting, practicing yoga, and playing her favorite cozy video games. She is a Hozier fanatic, lover of cats, and is always down for a Studio Ghibli movie night. <3