This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

On Monday, September 27, 2021, UConn students woke up to find campus Taylor Swift-ified. In lecture halls, the Student Union, dining halls, and other obscure locations across campus, almost overnight, posters began to appear. Each based on different Taylor Swift “eras,” the posters used lyrics to advertise a new club on campus: UConn Club Swift. From a Reputation poster announcing “Baby let the games begin” to an Evermore-themed poster giving us major “Gold Rush” energy, it became clear: UConn Club Swift was a force to be reckoned with.

The posters encouraged viewers to follow @uconnclubswift on Instagram, a new account whose posts match the Swift-ness and intrigue of the posters themselves. They even posted a behind-the-scenes video of the poster-making process, encouraging followers to find all 13 designs and in exchange, unlock a prize with a QR code:

In exchange for being successful “hunters with cell phones,” followers were rewarded with a QR code to a Google Form to sign up for UConn Club Swift (if you’re interested, you can fill out the form yourself here). The form includes questions aligned with lyrics and photos, and in true Taylor Swift fashion, there is even a puzzle at the end.

Shortly after, Club Swift followers were rewarded with a Spotify playlist filled with favorites chosen from the Google Form results. The post announced, “As a special thanks for your hard work, we made you a mix of your favourite songs. Your favourite lyrics. Your best tracks. We watched and listened to all of you. Including the 21 times you chose All Too Well. 😭😭😭Club Swift Favs ™️ is now streaming. Link in Bio. Get to know all 200 of your fellow Club Swifties!”

Now here’s the strangest part: we haven’t heard much else from UConn Club Swift since then. A Taylor GIF, along with a few non-specific stories here and there have appeared on their Instagram, but after such a strong introduction to the club, it seems mysterious that they’re all the sudden…gone? Across platforms – on Instagram, YikYak, TikTok, and more – people are wondering: what happened to UConn Club Swift?

What happened to UConn Club Swift?

The release of Red (Taylor’s Version) is slowly but surely approaching – is UConn Club Swift plotting something exciting? Or are they off the grid for good? Only time will tell. For now, we’ll continue to stream Fearless (Taylor’s Version) and keep our eyes peeled around campus – Club Swift, we’re “Ready For It.”

Molly is the President and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus UConn. A senior at the University of Connecticut, she is currently studying Communication with minors in English and Political Science. When she is not writing for Her Campus or leading team meetings, she enjoys film, spin class, coffee, art, basketball, dogs, and anything fall-related.