What Candle You Should Buy, Based on Your Favorite Holiday Drink

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Your days of wandering into a candle store and wondering, “what do I even like here?” are over! I’ve taken five iconic Starbuck drinks and matched them with their candle soulmates. So please, grab your peppermint mocha (or something more your style) and browse to find your perfect coffee-candle match. 

Pumpkin Spice Latte

The queen of fall drinks has arrived! If your go-to fall drink is the OG PSL, you need this Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin candle. With notes of cream, cinnamon, and clove, you’ve hit the pumpkin candle jackpot. Cozy up with your favorite drink, this sweet-scented candle, and a good book for the perfect autumn afternoon.

Peppermint Mocha

Peppermint Mocha should have its own holiday! This extraordinary drink is perfect for chilly mornings and shopping for presents. While sipping your latte, consider lighting: Crushed Candy Cane from Bath & Body Works. Its bright and minty scent is the perfect way to welcome winter!

Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew

Cold Brew is the fairy godmother of caffeinated beverages, which is perfect because this Vanilla Toffee Brittle candle from Ulta is here to transform your house into the candy store of your childhood dreams. Your tastes are elegant and sophisticated with a candle as decadent as this! 

Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew

A modern take on a timeless classic means you’re bold and open-minded. Take on your finals with this White Pumpkin candle. A chic twist on an original masterpiece is the perfect way to (pumpkin) spice up your room! 

Chestnut Praline Latte

If your idea of the perfect day is a couple of shots of espresso, thrifting, and getting stuff done, I have the perfect candle for you. Flannel is soft, musky, and luxurious. This is the candle to complete your dark academia aesthetic hideaway. 

Lyndall focuses her writing on empowerment, lifestyle choices, and positive news. She transferred to UConn in the fall of 2019 and is thrilled to write and work with Her Campus. She loves photography, baking, public speaking, and exploring new music. Her experiences as an immigrant have inspired her to study political science and is pursuing law school in the future.