Welcome to Our Show: A Playful Podcast for New Girl Lovers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

If apartment 4D holds a special place in your heart, you recognize the name Julius Pepperwood, and you know all about True American, chances are you’re a New Girl fan. And for good reason— it’s an iconic sitcom filled with quirky characters and hilarious chaos, perfect for bingeing over and over. To supplement your viewing diet of Jess Day and friends, try checking out the new podcast Welcome to Our Show.

Welcome to Our Show, hosted by Zooey Deschanel, Hannah Simone, and Lamorne Morris, is a lighthearted and fun-filled journey through the creation process of New Girl. The stars who play Jess, Cece, and Winston share stories, facts, and inside jokes from their time filming. In each episode (there have been four full-length ones so far), the three stars either review a specific New Girl episode or talk to a special guest. So far, they’ve discussed the first three episodes and talked with director Jake Kasdan.

While the podcast is packed with tidbits you probably didn’t know about the cast, the best part isn’t even the information conveyed. It’s the playful banter between the three hosts, who seem to have a real-life friendship that rivals their on-screen bond. As a listener, I felt so lucky to be included in this reunion and made privy to the inside jokes of the group.

If you’re like me, any content coming from the stars of New Girl is good content. I’m hoping to see some appearances from other cast members in the future, too. New episodes are released every Monday on iHeartRadio or wherever you get your podcasts. And in the meantime, don’t hit me up— I’ll be rewatching New Girl for the twentieth time.

Amanda McCard is a junior at UConn majoring in environmental studies and journalism. She writes a range of articles for Her Campus, including ones about culture, entertainment and travel. She is a Sustainability Intern at the UConn Office of Sustainability, where she helps write the monthly newsletter and creates engaging social media content. She has written articles for Planet Forward, an environmental publication based out of George Washington University. Amanda loves hiking, creative writing and yoga. She likes to make her own bath products and dreams of learning to scuba dive.