We Run the World: 14 Songs to Get You Feeling Empowered

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

March is women’s history month! In honor of this, I’ve put together a compilation of the best anthems for us girls. Whether it be letting your man know you’re better off without him, taking control of your sexuality, or acknowledging how truly beautiful you are, these songs will get you in the right mood for celebrating the most important person in your life: you!

Disclaimer: Beyoncé is queen.

1. Irreplaceable by Beyoncé

“Baby I won’t shed a tear for you, I won’t lose a wink of sleep, cause the truth of the matter is replacing you is so easy.”

2. Dancing On My Own by Robyn

“I’m giving it my all, but I’m not the girl you’re taking home, so I’ll keep dancing on my own.”

3. Survivor by Destinys Child

“After all the darkness and sadness still comes happiness. If I surround myself with positive things I’ll gain prosperity.”

4. Beautiful by Christina Aguilera

“No matter what we do, no matter what we say, we’re the song inside the tune, full of beautiful mistakes.”

5. Partition by Beyoncé

“Take all of me, I just wanna be the girl you like.”

6. Girl On Fire by Alicia Keys

“Looks like a girl but she’s a flame, so bright she can burn your eyes.”

7. Hard Out Here by Lily Allen

“Forget your balls and grow a pair of tits.”

8. Flawless by Beyoncé ft. Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche

“Feminist: the person who believes in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.”

9. No Scrubs by TLC

“A scrub is a guy that can’t get no love from me, hangin’ out the passenger side of his best friend’s ride, tryin to holler at me. I don’t want no scrub.”

10. Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood

“I might’ve saved a little trouble for the next girl, cause the next time he cheats, oh you know it won’t be on me.”

11. Pretty Hurts by Beyoncé

“You stripped away the masquerade, the illusion has been shed. Are you happy with yourself?…Yes.”

12. Skyscraper by Demi Lovato

“Go on and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper.”

13. Rumour Has It by Adele

“But rumor has it he’s the one I’m leaving you for.”

14. Diva by Beyoncé

“I’m a diva, best believe her, you see her, she’s getting paid. She ain’t callin him to greet her, don’t need him, her bed’s made.”

junior, nutrition major, sarcastic