Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2016: A Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

The best (and possibly the worst for your self-esteem) night of the year: December 5th; the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show aired. The day came and went and we’re still ogling over the Instagram photos the Angels are constantly posting. In addition to watching numerous confident women strut down the runway, we were blessed with also getting to watch Lady Gaga, The Weeknd and Bruno Mars rock the stage.

Prepping for the fashion show is no easy task. These women put in months of hard work to perfect that one minute strut down the catwalk. Most models amp up their workouts to seven days a week, sometimes even twice a day. Hobbies like boxing, pilates, ballet, CrossFit, etc… become the only thing on the mind. Being a Victoria’s Secret model comes with a personal nutritionist and a crazy diet consisting of vegetables, protein shakes and, like, one protein bar a day. No thanks, I’ll stick to my cheeseburgers and excessive potato chip consumption.

Let’s recap:

Kendall Jenner, who walked for her second time, officially gained her wings. Kendall’s hard work paid off as she marched down the runway with giant turquoise wings and iconic thigh-high red boots.

Gigi and Bella Hadid openly get emotional about being the first sisters to ever walk in the show and experiencing the night together via interviews and Instagram posts. Gigi said, “It is amazing to be able to experience all of this and be so excited for each other. She’s my best friend and it’s so crazy for us to be here together.”

Jasmine Tookes wore the coveted $3 million fantasy bra weighing over 450 karats. The bra took over 700 hours to create and holds more than 9,000 Swarovski crystals. Click here to read People magazine’s interview with Tookes.

Adriana Lima proved, yet again, that she basically invented “the walk”. She strutted down the runway like she owned the venue and you couldn’t help but stare in awe. After all, this is her 16th walk down the Victoria’s Secret runway, but even she admits that she still gets nervous beforehand.

Lady Gaga basically walked the stage while performing her song John Wayne; it looks like she earned her angel wings as well.

Bruno Mars may have worn heels (not quite as tall as Gaga’s or the model’s heels though…but close).

Bella ran into her ex-boyfriend the only way we wish we ever would. And it went viral. #Goals?

Gigi Hadid suffered a wardrobe malfunction, proving that things can go wrong even while walking down the runway. Without even blinking an eye, she played it off like it was no big deal.

Now all we can do is sit back, scroll through the model’s pictures and wait until next year’s show. Click here to watch the 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.

Cover Image Source