Unofficial Ranking of 2015’s Best Dressed Celebs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

This was a year full of celebs stepping up their red carpet looks.  From Zendaya to Adele, all of these stars looked stunning.  Out of all the fabulous outfits 2015 gave us, we’ve compiled a list of our top 20 favorites.

20.  Beyoncé and Solange Knowles

Event: Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Designer: Stella McCartney, J. Mendel, and Naeem Khan

Why we love it: Wearing white should only be permitted after Labor Day if you can look as good as our favorite sisters do here.

19.  Zendaya

Event: The Oscars

Designer: Vivienne Westwood

Why we love it: Zendaya makes pulling off white silk look so easy.

18. Sofia Vergara

Event: The Emmy Awards

Designer: St. John

Why we love it: Sofia looks sexy and statuesque.

17.  Jennifer Lopez

Event: The Golden Globes

Designer: Zuhair Murad

Why we love it: Somehow instead of clashing, the cape-like feature, insane embellishment, and plunging neckline all simultaneously flatter our favorite Jenny from the block’s killer body.

16. Adele

Event: Radio City Music Hall Performance

Designer: Jenny Packham

Why we love it: This gown not only compliments Adele’s skin tone, it is super figure-flattering.

15. Gigi Hadid

Event: The Oscars

Designer: Atelier Versace

Why we love it: Gigi’s slicked-back ponytail goes perfectly with this sexy, asymmetrical stunner.

14. Beyoncé

Event: Met Gala

Designer: Givenchy

Why we love it: Queen B’s barely-there bejeweled gown made her fashionably late arrival worth the wait. 

13. Julianne Hough

Event: American Music Awards

Designer: Naeem Khan

Why we love it: It’s not too often we see double slits and a zig-zag part like our favorite DWTS judge pulls off here.

12. Kendall Jenner

Event: Met Gala

Designer: Calvin Klein Collection

Why we love it: The revealing crisscrossed sides make this simple emerald gown super edgy.

11. Kim Kardashian

Event: Met Gala

Designer: Roberto Cavalli

Why we love it: There is no arguing that Kim’s fashion game is super strong.  While this look was a tribute to Cher’s famous Met Gala look from 1974, Kim put a modern twist on it to make it fabulous in any day and age.

10. Chrissy Teigen

Event: The Oscars

Designer: Zuhair Murad

Why we love it: Our favorite Instagrammer slays the red carpet fashion game here with dark lipstick acting as the perfect pop of color to her icy gown.

9. Gwyneth Paltrow

Event: The Oscars

Designer: custom-made Ralph & Russo Couture

Why we love it: Not surprisingly, Gwyneth made a baby pink, one-sleeved gown, accompanied by a giant flower look amazing.

8. Emma Stone

Event: The Golden Globes

Designer: Lanvin

Why we love it: Not many celebs can pull of a jumpsuit on the red carpet and Emma’s look makes us all want to go out and buy one!

7. Reese Witherspoon

Event: The Oscars

Designer: Tom Ford

Why we love it: This type of color-blocking is rarely seen on the carpet, but looks great with Reese’s simple hair and makeup.

6. Lupita Nyong’o

Event: Cannes Film Festival

Designer: Gucci

Why we love it: Lupita rocks this shade of green that the carpet definitely does not see enough of.  Additionally, Lupita’s smile is the perfect accessory to all of her looks.

5. Jennifer Lawrence

Event: Producer’s Guild Awards

Designer: Prada

Why we love it: This girl on fire is always in style and this look is no exception.

4. Taylor Swift

Event: The Grammy Awards

Designer: Elie Saab

Why we love it: Only in our Wildest Dreams would we look as good as T-Swift in a gown like this with shoes like those.

3. Kate Hudson          

Event: The Golden Globes

Designer: Versace

Why we love it: Besides the plunging neckline and simple up-do, we are obsessed with the silver band details on her waist that connect the front of the dress to its spine.  

2. Gigi Hadid

Event: American Music Awards

Designer: Bao Tranchi

Why we love it: Because who else can look this hot in a crop-top gown and a wig?

1. Carrie Underwood

Event: Country Music Awards

Designer: Gauri+Nainika

Why we love it: Let’s face it, orange is NOT an easy color to pull off and Carrie never fails to kill it on the carpet which is why she deserves our #1 spot. 

Tune in for the start of award season (or more importantly red-carpet fashion season) on the 10th of January for the 73rd Golden Globe Awards.