Ulta Beauty UBC Spring Refresh Newsletter Hero Image R1 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Ulta Beauty UBC Spring Refresh Newsletter Hero Image R1 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Design by Addie Abujade for Her Campus
Style > Beauty

5 Ulta Products To Buy During This Season Of Sales

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Some people know April because of Easter, and others know how busy the semester gets, but April is a very special month because of all the great sales! Several stores are at the peak of their sales, but among my favorites has got to be Ulta. Not only do they have an incredible point system that truly rewards you the more you shop, but they also have a great mix of high-end and affordable products. Don’t get me wrong, I love to splurge occasionally, but there are simply some steps of your make-up routine for which it is not entirely justifiable. Now, like with every beauty store, it can be a little overwhelming to know what to get when so many things are on sale, and you want to get the most for your buck. Here are a few of my favorite products from Ulta that you should check out. 

E.l.f. Stay all night Mirco-fine setting mist ($10.00)

Though some people don’t believe that setting spray impacts the longevity of your makeup, I am inclined to disagree. I am the type of person to go for a simple makeup look for day-to-day, so I tend to use a very light hand. Before using setting spray, I noticed that a lot of the products that I was using would fade away, and I didn’t want to use anything additional in an attempt to avoid the heavy feeling of wearing too many layers or products (I also have somewhat dry skin so several layers lead to irritation). That’s when I turned to setting spray and knew I had to try the one from e.l.f. They have different ones, but my favorite has got to be the fine-setting mist. Not only is it super lightweight, but it impacts how long my makeup lasts. It’s a very thin formula, meaning you are left feeling refreshed and hydrated. You don’t have to spray too much of it, either. Two or three sprays are more than enough for a whole day! It is a great product at a fantastic price. 

E.l.f. Instant lift brow pencil ($3.00)

This brow pencil comes in at just three dollars, and given how amazing it is, I’m surprised by its affordability. I tend to avoid doing my eyebrows (mostly because I’m scared), so I need something quick and easy to use. This brow pencil gets the job done. It is super simple to use, and to be honest, I mainly use it for the spoolie brush. If you have another product you use to shape your eyebrows, you just take it, dip it into the product, and shape it to your liking. The pencil is also handy and comes in great for when you take too much off your eyebrows and want to make them more full. This pencil fulfills its job and keeps your bank in a happier place. 

Rescue Blam + Red Correct Post-Blemish Recovery Cream ($12.99)

When it gets to that point of the semester where your appearance is the least of your concerns, but you want something to put on, a color corrector is a great option. It is often lighter than concealer or foundation, and it does a nice job of canceling out different colors on your face. This one, in particular, comes in green, which is handy when you’re trying to cover red spots on your face, which can be blemishes, rosacea, etc. Hero also has this product in orange, which can help cancel out purples, which is great for other areas of your face. This skincare product is also great to apply if your skin has been recently irritated because it soothes the area and covers it so you can go on with your day without worrying about it. Note of caution, you don’t need very much of any color corrector. Go in with a little product and try to build it up depending on what look you’re going for. 

Shiseido Eyelash curler ($24.00)

Even though most of these products are affordable, I like to splurge, and this eyelash curler is the best one I have ever tried. The hack I learned from TikTok to see if an eyelash curler is good is to squeeze the two sides and see if the ends touch. If they do, they likely won’t hold a good curl, but if they don’t, they will. This one passed the test with flying colors. I don’t know how they made this, but my eyelashes stay curled whenever I use it. They look long and as if they were in their natural state. I can curl them as early as 9:00 a.m., and they are guaranteed to stay up throughout the day. Even in the wind or the rain, they stay curled, that is just how amazing this curler is. Of course, the mascara also impacts how good they turn, but I have a recommendation for that as well.

Telescopic Original Mascara ($12.99)

I can’t give you an eyelash curler recommendation without recommending the very best mascara, the L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara. As someone with very sensitive eyes, I’m cautious about the mascara and products I use. Some can be too harsh, leaving my eyes irritated and watery, breaking the curl, and giving me an unwanted runny mascara look. Sometimes I can even get rashes around my eyelid depending on different mascaras I try on a whim. However, I have never had any trouble with this mascara. No bad reactions, and it happens to look phenomenal. It doesn’t matter if you want length or if you want volume, this mascara will deliver both. It is also not what I would consider a very runny formula, and I have never had issues with it flaking or smudging underneath my eyes. It’s also very buildable, so you create an everyday look and go for glam if you choose. It is just great all around, and I cannot recommend it enough.

With all of the great products that have come out this year, there are lots to go through. Though these are certainly some of my favorites, I’m still discovering many new products, and hopefully, you are too. If you try any of these products, I hope they work for you! 

Maria Perdomo Barrios is an undergraduate sophomore at the University of Connecticut. She is a political science major on the pre-law track. Maria was born in Bogota, Colombia, but has lived in the U.S. since she was nine years old. She enjoys spending time with her friends and family as well as reading and traveling.