This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

As a sophomore in college, I think it’s safe to say that I have figured out which restaurants are my favorites in Storrs, CT. Here are some I that think are worth the try, in no particular order.

Blaze Pizza

A good pizza place is always a safe option if you are looking for a place to eat with friends. It provides lots of options and is very affordable. Blaze Pizza offers vegan and gluten-free options, and for those of us who like to pick and choose what to put on our pizza, Blaze provides tons of options for customization.

DP Dough

DP Dough seems to be a fan favorite around campus. Whether you are trying to recover from a night out, or just trying to order some food to enjoy with your friends, DP Dough is sure to satisfy you. In my experience, delivery tends to take longer on weekends, as that is when most people order in. But overall, the food is delicious and the service is good.

Oriental Cafe

I absolutely love sushi! Oriental Cafe seems to be the best sushi place around campus and has pages and pages of options. Also being rather affordable, it is another meal that is easy to order and enjoy with your friends. I will also say that they deliver very quickly and have excellent service.

Eatjoy

Out of all the restaurants on-campus, I do have to say that EatJoy is my favorite. With many options on the menu ranging from poke bowls to bubble tea, everyone is sure to find something they like here. Although they don’t deliver, it isn’t too far of a walk from the center of campus. For an affordable price, it provides a decent quantity of food, which for me, means two snacks.

Poke Bowl
Nancy Goa / Spoon
Daddy’s noodle bar

If you are sick or just want a bowl of hot pho, Daddy’s Noodle Bar is the place to go. For the price you pay, there is enough to last you more than one meal. Although there aren’t too many options to pick and choose from, it definitely still provides the warm, homey feel everyone seems to crave while at college. And if you are a coffee lover, as I am, I highly recommend trying out their Vietnamese iced coffee.

Kathmandu kitchen & bar

For delicious and pretty authentic Indian food, Kathmandu Kitchen & Bar is the place to go. They have many options to choose from and definitely fill your craving. Although I love the food here, I do have to say that their take-out and delivery take a ridiculous amount of time.

Takeaways

Finding the places you like to eat is similar to finding where you like to study, your favorite shower, and your favorite on-campus dining hall. It takes time and patience to try multiple places, and you have to step out of your comfort zone. I hope my two cents helped you reach a starting point to figure out where you love to eat!

Pranathi Natarajan is a junior at the University of Connecticut. As a Human Rights and Political Science double major, when she isn't reading, she is dancing, drinking coffee, and spending time with her friends and family.