UConn’s Best Outdoor Spots to Enjoy the Warm Weather

Spring has finally arrived in Storrs, and it’s just in time for the end of the semester. The winter at UConn leaves everyone in need of some serious Vitamin D, and we’ll all be trying to catch some rays in between classes these next few weeks. Finals are right around the corner, so grab your textbooks and check out any of these great spots around campus where you can enjoy the beautiful spring weather.

If you want a great view…

Horsebarn Hill

Watching the sunset here is the perfect finals week distraction.

Mirror Lake

The perfect spot to catch up on a semester’s worth of readings or relieve some stress on the swings.

Swan Lake

Located in front of the Chemistry building, Swan Lake is a beautiful spot to catch some rays (or some Z’s) between classes. 

If you’re hungry…

UConn Dairy Bar

Treat yourself to your favorite flavor of UConn’s famous ice cream and grab a picnic table or patch of grass outside to enjoy.

Storrs Center

There’s tons of great options in Storrs Center, no matter what you’re in the mood for. The tables and chairs located in the middle of the Center are a great spot for coffee or a lunch date with a friend.

Chuck and Augie’s

Did you know the restaurant in the Union had an outdoor patio? It’s the perfect place to blow the rest of your points before the end of the semester. 

If you want to socialize or join in on some frisbee…

Union Quad

Because of it’s great location, this is easily one of the most popular spots on campus. When the weather is nice, you’ll find just about everyone you know sitting in the lawn behind the Student Union.

Great Lawn

With it’s wide open space and constant sunshine, this is a great spot to enjoy the warm weather.

If you prefer some shade…

Family Studies Building

If you want to enjoy the weather without the sunburn, the trees around FSB offer the perfect amount of shade!

Benton Museum 

Grab a coffee from the Beanery and get some homework done at one of their outdoor tables. Or you can relax outside behind the building, in front of Wilbur Cross, where there’s a pretty garden and courtyard with benches.

Happy Spring! Did we miss any locations? Tweet your favorites @UConnHC!