UCONN Love146 Dress Resale

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

This Saturday, UConn’s Love146 will be hosing their second annual Dresses for a Cause event. UConn Love146 is a task force of love146, which is a non-profit organization that is based out of New Haven, CT. Their main goal is to raise awareness about sex trafficking and exploitation around the world including our own country. They also focus on raising money for shelters in order to help victims that have escaped and are in the recovery period.

Cassie Zwarycz is a junior majoring in psychology and human development and family studies. She is also the Vice President of UConn Love146.  She shared some information with our chapter regarding the event.

Cassie pictured in the light blue dress selling for $80 size Small

The event will take place on Saturday, February 28th in room 104 of the Student Union running from 10am until 4pm. UConn’s Love146 has collection of dresses in various sizes with a variation of styles from generous donations. They have dresses ranging from an elegant floor length gown to more causal or simple dresses. All dresses have been marked down to a discounted price. Last year, their event raised over $700 and is hoping to top it this year. All of the proceeds will be going directly to help victims of trafficking. They will be accepting both cash and credit/debit cards.

You can catch one of their bi-weekly meetings in room 321 on Wednesdays at 7pm.  Their next meeting will be March 11th. At the event, there will also be more information about love146. Hope to see you there!

Check out the event on Facebook:

UConn’s LOVE146 Dress Resale