books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

UConn Lip Sync 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

UConn held its annual Lip Sync event on October 12, 2015.  As a part of homecoming tradition, students from different organizations created their own themed routine to perform at Gampel Pavillion in front of their peers.  

Before the Lip Sync performances began, the UConn Dance Team warmed up the audience with a number of their own.

Members of the UConn Dance Team

Greek organizations and cultural organizations battled it out to see who would be crowned victorious.  

Top: AKPsi  with “Husky Games” took home 3rd place in the “Non-fee-funded” category.Bottom Left: Phi Sigma Rho, ZBT, & Delta Gamma with “Indiana Jones”Bottom Right: Global House with “Chronicles of Narnia” took home 2nd place in the “Non-fee-funded” category. 

Members of AsACC take home 1st place in the “Fee-funded Intercultural Centers” category.

Members of AACC perfrom their “Shrek” routine and take home 3rd place in the “Fee-funded Intercultural Centers” category.

Top Left: Tau Kappa Epsilon & Pi Beta Phi with “Rocky”Top Right:  Alpha Epsilon Phi & Alpha Phi paid tribute to the late Paul Walker with their “Fast and Furious” routineBottom:  UConn Irish with “Bond Villains” took home 1st place in the “Non-fee-funded” category.

UConn Marching Band, members of Kappa Kappa Psi & Tau Beta Sigma put together a “High School Musical” routine.

Coming in 1st place for the “Greek Life” category are Kappa Alpha Theta & Alpha Delta Phi with their “Men in Black” routine.

PRLACC with their “Austin Powers” routine take 2nd place in the “Fee-funded Intercultural Centers” category.

Top Left & Right: Gamma Phi Beta, Alpha Kappa Lambda & Beta Theta Pi earned 2nd place in the “Greek Life” category with their “Star Wars” routine.Bottom Left:  Alpha Chi Omega & Kappa Sigma took home 3rd place in the “Greek Life” category with their “Back to the Future” routine.

Alpha Epsilon Phi, Sigma Phi Epsilon, & Phi Gamma Delta with their “Lion King” routine.

Lip Sync 2015 was filled with great dance routines, many references to mac-n-cheese, and lots of positive energy.  Congratulations to all the winners, and great job to all those who participated in the event.  

Happy homecoming Huskies!

Nikki is the Campus Correspondent & Editor in Chief for Her Campus UConn.  She is a senior majoring in Communication with a minor in HDFS.  Nikki wishes she was Beyoncé, worships Adele, eats more pasta than is probably recommended, and is a Ravenclaw at heart.   If you have any questions or concerns regarding Her Campus UConn, you can email her at nicoleharris@hercampus.com.
Sarah is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UConn. She is a Communication and Journalism major at the University of Connecticut newly suffering from the travel bug after a summer in Spain and an obsession with all things UConn Husky Basketball.