TV Shows and Movies We Want on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

TV SHOWS:

We feel that these television shows deserve to be on Netflix because they are all full of life lessons that we need to learn. They consist of storylines of love, revenge, friendship, pain, and betrayal that we have yet to engross ourselves in hours at a time. They are shows that aired when we were just a little too young to watch, understand, and be obsessed with. Please Netflix, give our generation the chance to love the shows we never had the chance to.

The O.C.

This could be one of the most underrated shows of all time. It is full of all the drama that we love and we would forever be grateful to Netflix for giving us the chance to binge-watch it. Plus, it would only be fair to dedicate the same amount of binge-watching time to Adam Brody as we dedicated to his wife, Leighton Meester.  

The Nanny 

Most of us were way too young to get the full Nanny experience that we deserve. The occasional television re-runs are not cutting it for us. We want the chance to engulf ourselves in Fran Drescher’s fashionable, witty, and one-of-a-kind character hours at a time.  

Beverly Hills, 90210

This was the OG of all of our favorite dramatic teen shows like Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. We need to know where the inspiration came from. As much as we love binge-watching 90210 which stars the original series’ character Kelly Taylor (played by Jennie Garth), we need to know what it was like for Kelly growing up in LA county with her BFFs Steve, David, Donna, Brandon, Brenda, Andrea, and Dylan. The spinoff of the newest generation is not enough to fill our 90210 desires.

Sex and the City

Okay so we watched all of The Carrie Diaries… now what? We deserve to know what happens next in Carrie’s life!! We want to know about her writing, her fashion, and her friendships. Also – we want to know all about this “Big” guy we grew up hearing about.

Veronica Mars

We are OBSESSED with Kristen Bell. How can we not be? We want the chance to see where it all began for her as Veronica Mars. This early 2000s’ show provides a unique look into the life of a teenage investigator while touching upon the deepest of topics. 

Dawson’s Creek

While this 90’s show briefly appeared on Netflix, it was not enough time for us to find out if Dawson and Joey end up together. Bring back Dawson’s Creek!!!! We NEED to know Dawson’s fate. Does he end up with Joey? Eve? Someone new?!

MOVIES:

These movies are all classics that we want to be able to watch right on our laptops and smart TVs whenever we want and however much we want. 

Brokeback Mountain

This movie was just the beginning of a beautiful friendship between Jake Gyllenhaal and the late Heath Ledger. The film is a true love story that portrays hope and innocence. The admirable acting and brilliant screenplay led to the film winning Best Motion Picture in the Drama category at the 2006’s Golden Globes. It is a must see.

Now and Then

This is hands down one of the best coming-of-age movies EVER. It needs to be watched by every girl with her best friends by her side. It is a story of overcoming the struggles that come with being a teenager but provides life lessons that can be carried throughout adulthood.

Hocus Pocus

We feel like putting Hocus Pocus on Netflix is a no-brainer. It is one of those movies we want to enjoy year-round, not just in the month of October when it premieres on television. It is one of those classics that is so bad that it is good and we cannot get enough of it.

Every Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen movie ever

Our favorite twin sisters no longer make films together so the least Netflix could do is let us enjoy their classics whenever we want. If Netflix doesn’t want to give them all to us, at least give us our favorites like Billboard Dad, Holiday in the Sun, and It Takes Two. Since the demise of our VCRs for our VHS versions of the films, the world is just not as great without unlimited access to some of the best movies ever made. Our only hope: Netflix.

Please Netflix, give us these shows that we never had the chance to watch beginning to end and give us these movies that we want to watch on repeat!

Cover Image Source