The Top Five Best Foods From the Nature’s Health Store

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Are you in need of a new, aethsically pleasing cafe that cators to your unique food needs? Then Nature’s Health Store, located only one mile away from UConn, is the place for you! Whether it be their mouth watering donuts, refreshing smoothies or hefty sandwichs and wraps, Nature’s has it all. This artsy, Instagramable cafe and store offers so much more than just food. If you’re running low on any of your essiential oils (for any of my yogi’s out there) or want to try some new environmental friendly products, make your next stop Nature. Did I mention that thirsy thursday takes on a whole new meaning at Nature’s? Every Thursday morning they sell their delicious and freshly made donuts, which in most cases are gluten free or vegan. These creative donuts come in all different flavors and are super tasty. Make sure to get there early before they sell out … you don’t want to miss out on the best donuts ever (not being biased or anything)! 

Here are some of my favorite foodsP

1.) Spinach Coconut Muffin: 

You might think Spinach … EW.. who would want that in a muffin ? But believe me, don’t knock it till you try it! This muffin will give you that little bit of sweetness you are looking for and not entirely leave you with the food baby we all dread. 

2.) Breakfast Sandwich: 

Who doesn’t love a good egg sandwich? At Nature’s, their egg sandwiches are like no other and even give you the option of substituting regular cheese for vegan cheese. Their secret ingredient? A dash of cayenne that gives the sandwich a little kick to get our taste buds going and hearts warming. 

3.)  The California: 

Anything with avocado is an automatic YES! Thankfully Nature’s knows exactly what we want in this delicious panini. Stuffed inside this giant masterpiece is spinach, sun dried tomatos, hot sauce, red onions and let’s not forget a little bit of love. 

4.) The Paleo Wrap: 

By far one of my favorite options at Nature’s is the paleo wrap. This gigantic wrap has everything you want in a sandwich and will leave you walking out of the store with a giant smile on your face! 

A little tip: Do not take the wrap out of the paper or else it WILL collapse and fall all over your lap.

5.) Tropical Hemp: 

Ever crave a refreshing, healthy smoothie after a crazy workout or just a long day? Come to Nature’s and order this smoothie which has mangos, pineapples, strawberries and bananas, with hemp protein and coconut milk. Tropical Hemp is a guilty pleasure in itself and never fails to satisfy one’s needs! 

And a little surprise… 

How could I forget! Anytime you go to Nature’s Health Store don’t forget to put your name and number on your receipt. You’ll place your receipt in a big ceramic owl cookie jar, called Carl, and hopefully be the lucky winner of the store’s monthly raffle. You don’t wanna miss out. 

Alexandra Gomez is a sophomore, communications major at the University of Connecticut. Her goal after college is to live in the Big Apple. When she is not obsessing over NYC you'll find her indulging in Thai food and listening to her favorite artist, Frank Ocean.