cooling sheet?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
cooling sheet?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Slumber Cloud
Wellness

Tips for a Better Sleep Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Sleep is something we need, but it’s not always the easiest thing to do. No matter how hard we try, there are nights where all we can do is stare at the ceiling and count the minutes go by. Forming a sleep routine can be beneficial and an easy way to help you fall asleep and stay asleep! Your tossing and turning filled nights will be easier to handle with these tips for forming a healthier, happier night-time routine. Remember, this routine is just a guideline, as everyone’s sleep rhythm is different, so do what works best for you! 

Start your routine off with soap and suds

Chandler Long Day
Giphy

Try to take a warm shower or bath a few hours before going to sleep. This will help relax your mind and body. Also, it can open the door to setting up self-care with face-masks and scented lotions. If you’re not into night showers, doing your skincare routine may also help you slow down before heading off to bed. Also, who doesn’t love a good pamper session before getting a solid eight hours?

Unplug and unwind

Trust me, putting your phone on silent can be awful. I suffer from major FOMO, and I hate being unplugged. But, it made such a difference in my sleep routine. Every night, send a few goodnight texts, set your alarm, and then put your phone on the other side of the room. Starting your routine this way will help you detox because the constant stream of media will be shut off. We spend all day running around and deserve to have our brains take a bit of time off before bed. 

Set up your dream room to help you get the sleep of your dreams 

silvon sheet set
Silvon

Falling asleep can be incredibly difficult if you’re not comfortable. So, try and create an atmosphere that’ll help you unwind. Every morning try to make your bed because it may help you get better sleep. Climbing into a soft, made bed can be a delightful experience. Also, try spraying your room or pillows with a relaxing spray. 

One of the best ways to end any routine is with a treat

What’s better than a sweet treat helping you sleep? Honestly, I can’t think of a better reason to reach for a piece of candy. One way you can finish your nightly routine is with a bit of melatonin chocolate. If cocoa isn’t your favorite, there are tons of gummy options to satisfy that sleepy sweet tooth. 

Lyndall focuses her writing on empowerment, lifestyle choices, and positive news. She transferred to UConn in the fall of 2019 and is thrilled to write and work with Her Campus. She loves photography, baking, public speaking, and exploring new music. Her experiences as an immigrant have inspired her to study political science and is pursuing law school in the future.