etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Thoughts we all have at Nickel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

The self-proclaimed “Best Bar on Campus,” Huskies Restaurant and Bar is where most UConn students spend their Thursdays through Saturdays. If you’ve ever been to this fine establishment for Nickel Night, you know the struggle of going to a huge school with very limited options for bars. Huskies on a Nickel Night is the place we all love to hate, but we still find ourselves back there every weekend. 

Here are some of the most inevitable thoughts that we’ve all had at Nickel, at least once or twice:

1. The line… This is the most inefficient system of getting people into a bar that I have ever seen.

2. Hoping that maybe you’ll actually make it up to the bar this time.

3. And if you don’t, (which is the majority of the time) praying that when you pass your cups up you’ll actually get all four back with the right drinks.

4. Chugging your first vodka soda of the night like:

5. The mission to steal a cup when yours gets stolen.

6. Getting really close to the person you’re packed next to like a sardine because you literally cannot move.

7. Will my feet ever be dry again?

8. Nickel ruined every single pair of shoes I’ve ever owned. A piece of advice – don’t wear flats… EVER.

9. How is this so cheap? 

10. Why do girls take SO LONG to use the bathroom… should I just pee outside?

11. I hate everyone.

12. It’s only 9 o’clock?

13. There’s no way I’m finding my husband here.

14. It smells like sweat and bad decisions.

15. Feeling #blessed that the new Huskies upgraded to having the basic amenities of stalls that lock, toilet paper, soap, and paper towels.

16. Seeing past regretful hookups.

17. I can’t wait to graduate and go to real bars…

18. Being all about Nickel sophomore year but hating it by senior year.

19. Why am I here?

20. I’m never nickel-ing again! – The lie we tell ourselves until Thursday rolls around again.

Cover Image Source

Taylor is a senior at UConn majoring in Communications and Journalism, dreaming of living and working in New York City. She is passionate about Fashion, Health, and Sports. In her free time, she loves to travel and spend time with family and friends. She is a Starbucks addict and lover of all things dessert.