4 Things To Do In Connecticut This Halloween Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Even though October just started, the weather has officially turned into hoodie season which means Halloween is right around the corner! This is the perfect time to make plans to enjoy the holiday. The leaves are turning orange, seasonal pumpkin drinks are out, and Halloween movies are trending once again. If you live in Connecticut, here are some of the best activities to try!

1. WALK (OR RUN) A HALLOWEEN TRAIL

Brave enough to have your spooky dreams come true? Getting together with some friends and trying a haunted trail is a great way to get your scare on. Connecticut offers several locations including Trail of Terror in Wallingford and Nightmare Acres in South Windsor. Both paths consist of many scenes that vary over the years and include over 80 different characters. Be prepared for the loud screams and the ear-piercing chainsaw! Each trail ranges from 30-45 minutes. 

Tickets for both attractions are available starting September 30th.

2. FIND YOUR PERFECT JACK O’LANTERN

Feeling creative? Jack-o’-lanterns are the perfect decoration for your home during the Halloween season. Find the best pumpkin at a pumpkin-picking location. There is a variety of farms all around Connecticut including Harris Hill Farm, Angevine Farm, and Castle Hill Farm.

Once you get home after you go picking, host your own carving contest with friends or family!

3. CORN MAZES

Try navigating through a corn maze at night! When the sun goes down, a regular maze is transformed into a quest of mystery. 

Visit Castle Hill Farm in Newtown. They offer a scavenger hunt, a live band, and a food truck. They encourage each guest to dress up in a costume. Other locations include Browns Harvest in Windsor and Bunnell Farm in Litchfield.

4. GO TO A HAUNTED HOUSE

During this Halloween season, confront your fears and push yourself outside of your comfort zone. Your heart will race and your senses will come alive if you visit a haunted house. The Dark Manor was voted the scariest haunted attraction in Connecticut for eight consecutive years. You can also check out the Legend of Fear in Shelton. It’s the longest and largest haunted attraction in the state. Visit if you dare to be spooked!

I know it’s getting chilly, but go out and have some fun! I hope this list helps you try something new.

Briana Ortiz

U Conn '26

Briana is currently a Sophomore double majoring in Journalism and Communications. She loves to try new coffee orders, listen to r&b, and go to the gym.